Tampa - Airport to Pier

VABeach

Vabeach,

I live in Tampa, work for AVIS, and have cruised several times, so I am fairly qualified to answer you question. The airport is less than 10 miles to the port which is downtown. Personally I would take a taxi. It would be quicker than having to wait with everyone else on the bus transfer with everyone's luggage and crap. Plus, the taxi's are easily available. Plus the fair is probably comparable. Even if it's the same or a little more, it would be the quickest and easiest way to go.:p

Vabeach,

I live in Tampa, work for AVIS, and have cruised several times, so I am fairly qualified to answer you question. The airport is less than 10 miles to the port which is downtown. Personally I would take a taxi. It would be quicker than having to wait with everyone else on the bus transfer with everyone's luggage and crap. Plus, the taxi's are easily available. Plus the fair is probably comparable. Even if it's the same or a little more, it would be the quickest and easiest way to go.:p

Hey Gator....I have an AVIS question for you that most car rental companies wont honestly answer. Can we be in touch via email? jkatz3@gmail.com

Vabeach,

I used to work at the Res Center in Tulsa!! Thanks for the info. ;)

I just returned from a cruise on the Legend and its a flat rate to the port. I believe it was $22 for the two of us. And when we got off the ship on Saturday and drove through downtown I was surprised that there was NO TRAFFIC until we hit the interstate. It was a fast ride in the TAXI.

The cab is quick and not very expensive as the airport is not that far away. You can also take one of the vans that will be parked outside the terminal, they will wait until they are filled before leaving but only hold maybe 8 people. Saturday or Sunday the trip should be maybe 15 minutes, 30 on a weekday (unless it's rush hour and then it's about an hour.)

We sailed from Tampa on the Miracle and used Bay Shuttle.

Before boarding the ship you can buy a ticket right there at the port for the return trip to the airport. Then you just give them the ticket.

There are alot of vans ready and waiting.. We had a 12 noon flight

and were at the airport in a flash thanks to Bay Shuttle. I would

definatley recommend them. they are alot cheaper than what Carnival

charges pp.

Happy sailing!

Rose

Where do you get tickets for the Tampa Shuttle? Are they on site at the airport or do you have to get to them some other way?

I'm doing a two week cruise, then a one week cruise - solo. Between three weeks at sea, having to pay double occupancy rates, and SCUBA diving, I'll be looking to save a dollar or two if I can. :p

Thanks for the info!:D

You can reserve online at their website, just enter "Tampa Bay Shuttle" and that should get you there or you can just purchse at airport when you arrive. They have ticket booths just outside of the luggae claim areas at each corner?, should not be difficult to locate once you exit the baggage claim area as signage will point the way.

Archived