Eastern vs Western Caribbean

Cruzin4Life

Hi.We are planning a cruise (7-day) for 5 Feb 2005 and I would really like to know which is better - Eastern or Western Caribbean? We have only done 1 cruise before - a short (5-day) Western Caribbean in March 2003 on the Monarch. We are not from the USA, so I am not familiar with weather patterns, etc for that time of the year.

Also, any advice with regards to the different Ports to visit, will be appreciated.

I know it is difficult for anyone to predict weather, but just from experience, which side will have the better weather.

Thks a mil

Cruzin4Life

The caribbean usually has mild weather all year long. Cold fronts are rare, though there are sometimes cloudy or rainy days. But that can happen any time of year. But I don't think there will be much of a difference as far as the weather is concerned. You might check out some of the ports of call you're interested in here at CC in the ports of call section. It has helped me a lot on deciding where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. Sometimes, some of the excursions just stand out and you decide you want to visit that port. Either way, I think your cruise will be fun. I took a 7 day Western Caribbean the last week of January earlier this year and the weather was perfect. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived