Thoughts on Pearl A2 suite?

zbench

Thinking of going on a cruise on the Pearl, and wondered if anyone has seen any pictures of, or stayed in one of the two suites on deck 15. The cabin numbers are 15000 or 15500.

Information is sketchy on these cabins. I know that the elevator doesn't go up to that deck (not an issue). However, can anyone comment on the view from the bed? Can you see outside? What is the private deck like? Is there just deck chairs out there, or a private whirlpool? Other ammenities? I've seen the pictures of some of the garden villa suites, but none that I can attribute to either of these two cabins.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thinking of going on a cruise on the Pearl, and wondered if anyone has seen any pictures of, or stayed in one of the two suites on deck 15. The cabin numbers are 15000 or 15500.

Information is sketchy on these cabins. I know that the elevator doesn't go up to that deck (not an issue). However, can anyone comment on the view from the bed? Can you see outside? What is the private deck like? Is there just deck chairs out there, or a private whirlpool? Other ammenities? I've seen the pictures of some of the garden villa suites, but none that I can attribute to either of these two cabins.

The Pearl is currently on her shakedown cruise out of England to Miami. Shoreguy has a blog going and he's been answering alot of questions and offering his insights. Perhaps if you scoot down to his blog on this webpage he might have answered some of your questions. Or you can post your question to him on the blog. He's been doing his best to answer alot of questions.

I had read somewhere that shoreguy has forgotten more than most folks know about NCL. Ok...I might have gotten this wrong...but what I'm really trying to say is that he knows ALOT about NCL...an AWFUL LOT!!! And there are other terrific folks that are traveling with him who also know alot about the ship...they've been sharing their thoughts as well.

Perhaps after the cruise, when folks start writing their reviews, you'll be able to get more information as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ciao for now,

W A W W

Hi,

what you can see from the outside is that they have a whirlpool and you can see the lights over the bed when they're turned on. Sorry, we never saw the inside :(

Sellie from the atlantic :)

"The hurrcaine cruise"

I have also posed the same questions and have not yet gotten a response.I am booked in #15500 on 2/2/07. My TA will be on the Pearl 12/15-12/16 and will get the information to me. I am especcially interested as to exactly where the cabin is situated, the view, privacy and location of the steps to gain access to the suite. Once I have more information, I will pass it on to you.

Did you see this link?

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de

There are great Pearl pics at this site. (I did not take them).

If you look under Courtyard, Garden Villa..... You will find pictures of one of these staterooms. Pictures 33-41. Looks pretty nice!

I just booked 15500 for a cruise in Jan. I'll peep it out and report back to all you folks. It never ceases to amaze me how they don't give you good information on the better suites. It's the second best cabin on the boat, you think they would have tons of pictures so people can make an informed decision. Either way, I'm sure it will be nice.

Zbench

YES, if you go under www.cruiseship-gallery.de you will find the Black Pearl Suite (15000), I will be on next week in the Garden Villa and hope to have a quick view into 15500, since I'm booked there on March 2nd!

The Suite is wonderful, smaller then the regular Owner's Suites and have the biggest private deck wit Jacuzzy and Balinese Beds! The view...its all over the pool deck regardless where you are in the cabin.

• 5 weeks later...

Caution. The access to Suites #15500 & #15000 is by a steep flight of 19 steps straight up. The elevator only goes to deck 14. NCL does inform you that you must walk up but does not mention how steep the steps are. Also, I question how good service will be for these suites. Butler would have to make several trips up to serve a meal, etc. Anyway, I will let you know as I am booked for 2/2

zbench--check out this site. I believe there are pics of those suites included.

http://cruises.about.com/od/norwegianpearl/ig/Norwegian-Pearl-Cabins/index.htm

My wife and I sailed across the Atlantic in 15500 then 11 days around the Caribbean in 15000. These are the most fabulous rooms for two people on any of the NCL ships, even better than the owners suites on the Sun, Dawn and Jewel. Although the room itself is smaller than the others, the balcony is super, with space for two beds, table and four chairs and the cabana bed.

The hot tub position is tremendous, sitting there over looking the pool deck sailing out of Miami is an experience. Having dinner on the balcony whilst in Cozumel took some beating! Sun bathing on Christmas day in Tortola was a breeze, and enjoying the hurricane in the Atlantic whilst sitting on the couch with the drapes drawn back was an unforgetable experience.

There is no doubt that the Garden Villas have lost their front balcony space to these suites but you have the most tremendous views whilst still maintaining privacy. Yes you can sit in bed and watch all before you in privacy.

Our view is that 15000 (Black Pearl) is the preferred suite. We know you will love it

My wife and I sailed across the Atlantic in 15500 then 11 days around the Caribbean in 15000. These are the most fabulous rooms for two people on any of the NCL ships, even better than the owners suites on the Sun, Dawn and Jewel. Although the room itself is smaller than the others, the balcony is super, with space for two beds, table and four chairs and the cabana bed.

The hot tub position is tremendous, sitting there over looking the pool deck sailing out of Miami is an experience. Having dinner on the balcony whilst in Cozumel took some beating! Sun bathing on Christmas day in Tortola was a breeze, and enjoying the hurricane in the Atlantic whilst sitting on the couch with the drapes drawn back was an unforgetable experience.

There is no doubt that the Garden Villas have lost their front balcony space to these suites but you have the most tremendous views whilst still maintaining privacy. Yes you can sit in bed and watch all before you in privacy.

Our view is that 15000 (Black Pearl) is the preferred suite. We know you will love it

Hi Black Pearl!

Are you and your wife the lovely couple I "had a cappucino" with in Klaus' office the last morning of the transatlantic after we docked in Miami?

How marvelous you were able to come back for another 11 days! We returned for the Rosie and the christening, but real life, such that it is, called too soon:(;)

I am a member at CruiseStateroom.com and the A2 cabins are not even listed! I'm sure the owner would be very grateful if somebody sent him pictures...I believe he pays 50 cents per picture that he can put on the site.

Hi Black Pearl Sailor,

Just wanted to welcome you to CC as I see it's your first few posts.:D It was very nice having dinner with you and your DW and it sounds like you really enjoyed your wonderful suites. Must have been some experience up there crossing the Atlantic.:eek::D What particularly about 15000 did you prefer over the other?

Will you be posting reviews of your trips here on the main board and/or in the Members Review section? I put up some comments on both the exciting TA and the Dec. 18th 4 nighter. Here's a link to the Members Review section in case you haven't yet located it:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=378

Also look forward to any review that Flying Pirate puts up!:)

Please don't keep us waiting too long.;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this up as some who responded should have sailed in the A2's by now and want to hear your thoughts.

Also can anyone tell me about access to the suite for my family and friends wishing to come to my cabin... do I have to meet them to let them up and if so is there a phone nearby they can call me on. It is my understanding that they can't just walk up to my door????

Is there a laptop in the suite. There was in our last owner's suite on the Star.

Any comments would be appreciated!

Hello Black Pearl Cruiser, Flying Piarte and Snorkel barb,

It was so great to meet you guys on the Pearl!

To be honest I have cancelled my booking for the A2 on the Pearl after I have had a great look at them. I really believe they are not private at all, everybody from the pool can see you at your deck. When I was in...the pool band was playing and you could hear that, so the nice afternoon naps are a no go. They are really beautyful, but I would not pay the money not to have a seperate sleeping and living/dining space. We downgraded to a Courtyard Villa...a lot more space inside...the outside is fab on those A2! I guess they are wonderful, if you are by yourself and not much in the room during day time. Too small for me!

Hello Black Pearl Cruiser, Flying Piarte and Snorkel barb,

It was so great to meet you guys on the Pearl!

To be honest I have cancelled my booking for the A2 on the Pearl after I have had a great look at them. I really believe they are not private at all, everybody from the pool can see you at your deck. When I was in...the pool band was playing and you could hear that, so the nice afternoon naps are a no go. They are really beautyful, but I would not pay the money not to have a seperate sleeping and living/dining space. We downgraded to a Courtyard Villa...a lot more space inside...the outside is fab on those A2! I guess they are wonderful, if you are by yourself and not much in the room during day time. Too small for me!

So our upsell to a A3 from an AD was a smart move? The upsell fairy offered orginally the A2. Are there steep stairs to the A2? We are excited with the A3 and private courtyard area. Can't wait.

Value for money is not right on the A2! A3 is a better value for what you get! Bigger room...ok the deck space and view is missing, but for the price difference they are more then wonderful!

I would rather book a AA before the A2 and the A1 is not the same as well, since there is NO deck space to lay in the sun anymore, becuase the A2 take it away.

Really the A1 is nice for 2, but that is it! We are thinking to upgrade!

The stairs up there are for a fit person! Even if you had too many cocktails...upsss...LOL...I see persons flying up there:D

I was very conflcted on whether to taket he A2 or Owner's suite... I lile the private hot tub though, especially for Alaska... I hate the smaller cabin and layout though! I am hoping with the A2 just maybe we will be offered a decent upsell to the Garden Villa, fingers crossed. I would still love to hear from anyone who has stayed in the A2 and most certainly about the ability to get visitors from others! THANKS!

Archived