Recent Infinity cruisers how much has it been to upgrade at the pier

flagger

Ms. Flagger has asked me at one price would it be worth it to pay to upgrade to a suite for the space on our cruise. I try to tell her to be happy with what we have (which is what we paid for) because we will never be able to afford a cruise again because she will not want a smaller cabin.

Can any recent Infinity cruisers tell me if they looked into or paid to upgrade at the pier or what the prices were during the cruises to Alaska. I know the price can fluctuate from sailing to sailing, but I told my DW I would ask.

I know that you are asking for Infinity, but just to add to this thread, we asked last year aboard the Summit. Our cruise was 14 days, West Coast/Alaska. We had 1A, Panarama Deck. Once aboard, we asked how much to upgrade to a Sky Suite, I learned from our TA, the ship wasn't full, about 1300 passengers. I had checked Celebrity web site a few days before sailing, they showed SS available. Much to our dismay, they wanted $600/person, $1200 to upgrade from 1A to SS. :eek: No thanks, it was more than we thought it was worth.

I hear some folks make out real well on upgrading on the ship. Ours sailed with several suites empty. Didn't seem like they were too interested in us. :p

Ok that is good to know. It gives me a frame of reference. Travelocity is showing five FVs on Vista and Panorama available, no SS available and the RS.

If I could grab a corner aft FV with three folks at the pier, for a reasonable fee I might just consider it.

The one time we asked if we could upgrade at the pier was 2001 on infinity. We asked how much to upgrade from 1B to Sky suite and they said 700.00 total not per person, which we declined. The following morning they called and said it would be 400.00 but we also declined as we had fully unpacked and weren't anxious to gather everything up. Once we had checked in at pier we were in a waiting area and they had an upgrade desk. I heard them say to upgrade from inside cabin to outside was 150.00 total not per person. Did not hear what it cost for inside or outside to balcony. We always sail in September so that may have been a sailing that was not sold out.

Archived