***live From The Sun Princess*** (12/10/06)

arlenemilt

Tony - wishing you a safe trip and a great cruise!

Arlene! You are such a good writer I'll have to continue to check out your live thread! Have a great cruise. Hugs to Milt. BTW, JC is one of our "ahem" favs, too.

I have to say I love the new linens. And now I don't have to ask for an over-and-under-the blanket sheet. Some of the matresses should be the next things replaced, IMHO.

We are about to join the Dawn tomorrow and I hear they are in "don't touch the food" mode, too.:eek:

Smooth seas, happy sailing!

Hugs,

Dee

OK, here I am on a 2 hour layover one of many on my way to Christchurch in Seoul, South Korea. Thought I would pop in and say hello to you....so I guess tomorrow is an egg day right?

Tony

:cool: :eek:

Thanks for checking in Bro,:D , be safe & have only Good connections the rest of the Way to NZ!;) My Best! Bill

Tony - wishing you a safe trip and a great cruise!

Arlene! You are such a good writer I'll have to continue to check out your live thread! Have a great cruise. Hugs to Milt. BTW, JC is one of our "ahem" favs, too.

I have to say I love the new linens. And now I don't have to ask for an over-and-under-the blanket sheet. Some of the matresses should be the next things replaced, IMHO.

We are about to join the Dawn tomorrow and I hear they are in "don't touch the food" mode, too.:eek:

Smooth seas, happy sailing!

Hugs,

Dee

Dee don't forget to ask John to order "Steak Lorraine" at least once on your cruise!

Have a great cruise to you both.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

:) Arlene, enjoying your "live from". been reading Bill's live from and Tony's and now another new one. i've been quietly (mostly) reading and enjoying the cruises. when i read about all the places and number of cruises you all take i am happy for you-all to be able to cruise so often and to experience places many of us only dream about.

have a really dumb question for you. i am sure you have been to sydney---did you have any difficulties obtaining pepsi close by the quay? i mean i realize it isn't exactly uncivilized but really need my daily pepsi fix(es).

know that your posts are greatly appreciated.

these threads are really great. thank you Arlene, Bill and Tony and anyother person who is so kind as to take the time to post.:) :)

You're welcome & thanks, from all of Us for coming along!;) Bill (Having a lovey day at Sea):D

Arlene glad you've stayed off this thing most of the day. Please, oh please, report you had something substantial for lunch and dinner!

Lense on the bridge cam looks to be wet and the sky looks a bit bleak. Has it rained today?

Pleased to see Tony is still alive and well. Having flown for a living for awhile light years ago I know just how tiring and claustrophobic sitting in an airplane for hours on end can be.

Arlene glad you've stayed off this thing most of the day. Please, oh please, report you had something substantial for lunch and dinner!

Lense on the bridge cam looks to be wet and the sky looks a bit bleak. Has it rained today?

Pleased to see Tony is still alive and well. Having flown for a living for awhile light years ago I know just how tiring and claustrophobic sitting in an airplane for hours on end can be.

Barb,You beat me to it, I just brought up the Sun Cam & it's Raining:eek: We are 15 min to Sunset on the Golden , & the Clounds are taking over, It's been beautiful all day on the Golden, with lots of Sun peeking through the Clouds! Maybe it will open just b/4 it sets:eek: I 2nd it, Arlene Eat something, anything please, you can't be the first person to ever starve on a cruise ship!:eek: :D :eek: Bill

Someone in the "Family" has to earn some Bread, or we'll All be in the Bread line soon, with all these cruises!:eek: :D :eek: Bill

Oh well I will have to wait 3 more weeks before I am on the Golden with Tony .

Won't that be a wild "Live" ?

Arlene, What an entertaining "Live from"! You sure know how to do it! I think it's hilarious how everyone is so worried about what you are eating or not eating. You can't be starving, not on a cruise ship! I think ( and I say this without knowing you ) you are just dedicated to staying slim and trim. How many people hit the treadmills first thing in the morning? The rest of us just don't have your will power. (with all that food around) lol

Mary

C.....you will be on your own for 4 days until Tony jumps on board! Make sure you start it at the beginning of your cruise ( are you platinium yet?) It will be interesting to have you and Tony in tandem on the same ship!

C.....you will be on your own for 4 days until Tony jumps on board! Make sure you start it at the beginning of your cruise ( are you platinium yet?) It will be interesting to have you and Tony in tandem on the same ship![/quote

Can you imagine ??? :D

C.....you will be on your own for 4 days until Tony jumps on board! Make sure you start it at the beginning of your cruise ( are you platinium yet?) It will be interesting to have you and Tony in tandem on the same ship![/quote

Can you imagine ??? :D

I still can't believe it!!!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

E,

It sure will, but you better behave, or Caroline will be by!:D

Are you going to post some "real info";) , also on the Live?:confused:

My Best! Bill

E,

My Best! Bill

I'm sure they will do a "Live" as they see it ( or as we have never seen before ). lol. :D It should be interesting given their "brotherly", "sisterly" relatonship. Envy will be cruising Live on the Golden!

Good Tuesday Morning on this overcast and very humid day aboard the Sun Princess. Not checking in more than once a day may become a chore, but we'll see. Yesterday was so so busy. Amazing how the hours fly by when you have no responsibilities and are busy doing nothing. :) I'm going to try to cover the questions en masse, rather than excerpt which could take all day.

Let's get rid of my food issue first. There is very little that I like and I'm a boring eater. Last night's dinner for me was a green salad with tomatoes and greek olives. And bread. And coffee. You will be proud of me though, since I ate a chicken burrito and 2 slices of london broil for lunch. This was in the Horizon Court and then we went to the main diningroom where I had 2 scoops of chocolate mint ice cream. A highlight! Want to hear about today's breakfast? Yes Tony, today is an egg day and I had a swiss cheese omelet with one slice of Canadian bacon.

Several of you remarked about the public bathrooms being kept ajar. Yes, same here. At first I thought a passenger had forgotten to close it, but I now realize that's what the ship is doing. All of this additional sanitizing is starting to roughen my skin. Must use lotion now several times a day. I think it's probably the wipies they use in the gym.

Bill, you asked about computers. There are 22 here in the internet cafe; library is next door - none there. Very small library; long and narrow. AFAIK, all computers are working perfectly. I've settled in at number 17 and it's here waiting for me whenever I show up.

Mary: We played trivia with a couple from Mississauga who were amazed that I knew where it was. Their names are ED (a retired school teacher) and Julie (a retired pharmacist). No other info. Talking about trivia, we played twice yesterday and lost both by one. Also did the slot tournament; quick $20 donation. However, the person who won $500 did it on the lousy machine that gobbled my $$$ w/o giving me many points. Oh well...............

C-Dog: I have always managed to find Pepsi, even in the remotest places. Sydney is quite civilized; a great city. I'm sure I bought Pepsi there too.

Cathy: I made a partial list of movies for you. Sunday night the Vista lounge had X Men- The Last Stand and yesterday during the day they showed Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible III. Today (afternoon) will be Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean. The cabin movies have some classics such as Roman Holiday, Rear Window, Breakfast at Tiffanys and Citizen Kane. Other cabin movies are Failure to Launch, Click, Glory Road, King Kong, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Friends with Money, Two for the Money and lots of others. Knowing me, I won't see any of them.

Last night there were two simultaneous early and late shows; one a production called Tribute and the other a comic ventriloquist Dan Horn. Both shows will be presented again tonight; one early, one late. We've seen Tribute on another ship so elected to see the comic. What I managed to stay awake for was pretty good. :)

As stated previously, with all my running around doing nothing yesterday, I never noticed the inclement weather. Yes, I understand it rained on and off most of the day, but since I never surfaced beyond the air conditioned environment, I wouldn't have even noticed had it snowed. Then again, that I probably would have noticed. :D

Someone asked about our cabin. We have a balcony on Aloha aft. Yes, the cabins are small but comfy. The balcony is tiny; also ok. The insides are miniscule. My friend has one and says they're only big enough for a squirrel. Seriously, not even big enough for a chair.

OK. Today. We are invited to the most travelled lunch today at Noon. I'll probably go to lunch after this lunch. Will be interesting to see what they serve. With my luck there'll be a choice of fish or baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Morning trivia is at 10:30; after trivia at 4:45. This is what interests me. The rest of the day is spent doing "who knows what", but it passes very quickly as most of you already know. Tomorrow will be our first port; Curacao.

TONY: Almost forgot. When we went to the diningroom for ice cream, guess who walked by. Ricardo! He came to our table to visit us last night and now we're best buddies again. For those who don't know. Ricardo was the head waiter on the Pacific and he and I sort of had a parting of the ways in 2005. I forgot why; he reminded me. But we "kissed" and made up.

This internet cafe is actually filling up right now; there are FIVE of us in here. The passengers on this ship are collectively quite elderly and may not be internet savvy. Good. More time for those of us who hang out here. :p

OK folks, I think I've covered all the queries and added more of my nonsense. Once my fingers start they forget to stop.

Later. Maybe.

Arlene

E,

My Best! Bill

But of course . I would not want to upset anyone . But it won't be as much fun as the juicy stuff . We will try and be good but it will be difficult with us together .

BTW Tony is in Singapore . I heard from him in the wee hours of the morning .

I'm sure they will do a "Live" as they see it ( or as we have never seen before ). lol. :D It should be interesting given their "brotherly", "sisterly" relatonship. Envy will be cruising Live on the Golden!

That could be Scarey!:eek: One thing about Envy, she is always LIVE!(ly):D

I Can't wait!;) Bill

A big hello from your 'Valencia' neighbor..............

I had my own fast "Noro ?" on Sat and wound up in the Emergency room of Bethesda . Didn't get home until 1PM but with a dose of Dilaudid who cared? I was in La- La land most of Sunday - and am now feeling fine!

TV news said this wicked 24 hr. virus (starts with a headache growing to a 100 lb. Gorrilla sitting on your head!) is going around here - after the headache gets really scary the 'stomach thing' starts - not pretty.....but heck - I survived - not too sure about Lyman tho - he will really need a vacation aftr taking care of me since the surgery.......My "weekend" aide didn't speak a word of English - thank goodness my weekday aide is great - ( I've gotten most of my silver polished - after all how much TV can you watch all day?)

Sorry - all the above is probably more than you needed........

I'm enjoying your cruise thru the posts.........I can't believe how disciplined you are about your eating....no wonder you can cruise so often.......Me??? if it doesn't move on my plate - I eat it!.....

Hugs to Milt.....miss you.........Renee

Surprise! Afternoon trivia just ended and I have a few minutes before having to change clothes for dinner. We lost............again. However, had we won we would have given that wonderful prize away. A water bottle!

The Captain's lunch was really nice. Appetizer was a huge lobster tail, which was more than enough for the full meal. For me it was the full meal. Entree choice was either sea bass (breaded) or filet mignon. I chose the filet, asked them to butterfly it, and then they ruined it by putting some yucky sauce on it. :( Dessert was very pretty; two tone mousse with raspberries, blueberries and strawberrys on top. I don't do mousse. I did have a double espresso. Terrific.

There is a rumor around here that several people on Caribe deck are sick and have been quarantined. This afternoon all public restrooms were closed at the same time for "sanitizing." Makes one believe that the rumor might be true. Also at the same time they were doing something to the outside decks. ???? Milt knows, but he's not here to explain.

Renee: Take care of yourself. Your resistance is low, as you well know. Hope you both pop back to normal by tomorrow.

To my "family": I'm having a good time for you, but not eating for you. :D

Arlene

Thanks for posting about the balcony, my kids will be in the inside cabin and with there friends from AU being on the cruise with us I'm sure they will not be in there except to sleep!!:D

We went to the most travelled luncheon both weeks on the Diamond in September and they had the lobster starter and then had a salmon and another white fish which they had braided and then poached. It was good but we were laughing about who would have time to braid all the fish!!!:D

We noticed when Noro is present they leave the restroom doors open so you don't have to touch the handles, they also remove the salt and pepper from the tables etc. Luckily none of our group of 11 got sick in the 2 weeks.:)

Looking forward to your next updates. Have fun!!

Archived