NYC Parking???

jbhawk74

I am a little nervous about our first cruise coming in Sept. First thing is driving to and parking in NYC. Are there any suggestions or alternatives to make this any easier? One site I saw said it cost $22 a day to park at the pier. Does anyone know if this is correct? Any input would be appreciated. Second would be the drive to the Pier, what is the easiest way into the city?

Grand Princess September 2004

From DC take I 95 North. In NJ, it becomes the NJ Turnpike. Take Exit 16 (I don't remember if it's E or W; it might be both; read the ticket you get when you get on) to the Lincoln Tunnel. Come out of the tunnel & make the first left, second left is OK too (you can't go straight at that point). Follow to the West Side Highway. Pier is right there.

Can you take Amtrak? It might be less of a headache if you can get a good deal on the tickets.

Last September, it was 25.00 per day. The parking is right next to were the ship docks. Just drop of your wife, husband, or whomever with the luggage, and then you go and park. We had someone drive us in but the parking did not look all the bad. Just expensive!

Two years ago, Princess *did* run a bus program from points south to NYC-- we took it from south Jersey and paid $25/pp round trip! I'm sure it was more even then from D.C., but still-- it's got to be cheaper than driving and parking. It's definitely worth looking into to see if they still have something like that. Call your travel agent-- I think you'd have better luck working thru the agent than calling Princess directly.

Someone (I forget the name of the poster, sorry!) just mentioned a site called parksleepfly.com that allows you to reserve a room for one night and then use their parking lot while you are on your cruise. They dont have NYC listed on the cruise terminal part, but you can do it as if you are flying into LGA, stay one night before your cruise, then park there (FOR FREE) and take a cab to the pier. This seems like an ingenious idea to me!

Archived