Sunset Beach - any recent visators

mblackman

Your subject line is "Sunset Beach".

There's not a Sunset Beach on the island, so I will assume that you are referring to Maho Beach, which is where the Sunset Beach Bar is located. It's the beach at the foot of the runway, with planes, including jumbos, arriving directly overhead at incredibly low levels, especially interesting in the early afternoon.

I love Maho, for the planes, but I certainly don't consider it a GREAT beach, and I wouldn't plan to spend a day there.

If you want to VISIT Maho, I would recommend that you camp out at Mullet Bay Beach, the next one over, which is a very nice beach, and has chairs, umbrellas, drinks and eats, etc. Then you're just a few minutes from Maho for the flights.

If you want a GREAT beach, I would have to recommend Orient, but it's all the way across the island.

If you have concerns over the possible nudity at Orient or anything else, I would recommend Dawn Beach (our second favorite after Orient) if the weather is cooperating, i.e. no strong winds coming in directly off of the Atlantic. Great accomodations and good prices for food and drink at Ms. B's.

gary

have been to orient three years in a row. looking for a beautiful beach with the food, drink and a place for my 5 year old to just hang out and play in the sand, while we enjoy ourselves. what do you think?

As long as the weather is cooperating, I'd recommend Dawn Beach. Note the shot of the children's play area, or Galion beach and Chez Pat/Tropical Wave.

gary

Archived