Vancouver-Victoria float plane luggage post cruise?

kiwiKeith

Does anyone have experience with travelling by float plane from Vancouver habour to Victoria harbour post cruise with their luggage?

The information I have from a couple of the operators is that there is a 25lbs/person restriction on luggage for the flights. Excess luggage can either be included on the flight for a charge or go standby before/after our flight.

We are a family of 4 and this is part of a six week holiday so we will definately have more than 25lbs/person, more like at least double that. We have two nights in Victoria and then flight out (jet) directly so leaving luggage in Vancouver near is not practical.

Other options are the coach/ferry but that takes too long and helicopter is getting too expensive (they do have a larger luggage allowance however). I could always shuttle the excess luggage out to Vancouver airport and store it there (?) and pick it up on the way through from Victoria but then there is the cost of r/t shuttle to airport and logistics of picking it up on the way through to HNL.

Does anyone have experience with getting luggage to Victoria by float plane?

Yes the baggage weight is correct.

Time on a bus would really not take that much out of your day. They are first on/ off at the ferrys and go for every ferry. It is a rather nice ride across. Of course you have just gotten off a cruise ship so the thrill might not be there.

Pacific Stage lines is the name and I'm sure there is a web site. But you might be able to ship your bags with them.

4 hrs. I guess would be the time so you're right it is longer.

Archived