Too many group cruise threads!

afdds

Ok, go on and hit me with the pie in the face....but don't you think that the Group Cruise threads should have their own forum?

Make it a choc. pie!;)

yes. there already is, it's called the roll call forum. have you ever noticed they are the only threads to get stars?

make my pie coconut cream, please.

Ok, go on and hit me with the pie in the face....but don't you think that the Group Cruise threads should have their own forum?

Make it a choc. pie!;)

The whole purpose of the group cruise roll calls is to encourage others to join and learn about the groups...each CC group is allowed a thread on the main board... it would defeat the purpose if they were somewhere else. You can just skip over them like I do with all of the doc dance threads, only x days til my cruise threads, etc. :D:D

don't you think that the Group Cruise threads should have their own forum?Make it a choc. pie!;)

No I dont-- Lots of people that read these boards only read certain ones.. so if I post my group cruise information on its own forum hardly anyone will see it.

Like Going Cruisin says... just roll over it.

Heres your pie--- choc as requested.

PS-- each thread is about a seperate cruise since we are only allowed one thread per group on each board.

Could they be up at the top, like the stickies? If you wanted to take a group cruise, then they would all be in one place for you too check out the dates and information. I can understand why they aren't in the roll call section. Where do you go to check the dates of all the group cruises? Makes more sense to list them all in one place and not spread out through a bunch of other questions.

Key Lime Pie this time......;)

Could they be up at the top, like the stickies? If you wanted to take a group cruise, then they would all be in one place for you too check out the dates and information. I can understand why they aren't in the roll call section. Where do you go to check the dates of all the group cruises? Makes more sense to list them all in one place and not spread out through a bunch of other questions.

Key Lime Pie this time......;)

So you think having 20 stickies at the top of the page would be better???? You can look on the main message board and see a list of all the group forums. People generally have no trouble finding them...There are ALOT of CC group cruises. You can, once again, just skip right over them :D

I agree with moving it ... and these are ONLY my views, right or wrong.

I see 2 things wrong with the group threads being on the main page...1. Is that most of them are run by travel agents/tour guides that are looking to make money or travel free. So it really doesn't help the newbie or someone looking for specific information. The 2nd problem is that, and YES, I have seen it, where the will intently add post JUST to keep the thread at the top.

Guess for me, I would see it as a vendor peddling the goods and not providing good information about cruising.

Now for my pie... banana please... :D

I agree with moving it ... and these are ONLY my views, right or wrong.

I see 2 things wrong with the group threads being on the main page...1. Is that most of them are run by travel agents/tour guides that are looking to make money or travel free. So it really doesn't help the newbie or someone looking for specific information. The 2nd problem is that, and YES, I have seen it, where the will intently add post JUST to keep the thread at the top.

Guess for me, I would see it as a vendor peddling the goods and not providing good information about cruising.

Now for my pie... banana please... :D

Not sure what you are referring to... group leaders are not travel agents or tour guides. We are CC members!!!!! We all book through Cruise Critics travel agents... all cruise critic group cruises will have one thread on the main page. We are not vendors...

If you don't like it, like every other thread on CC, skip over it... simple :D

So you get nothing for orginizing a group cruise???

Sure, it's all listed under the group cruise information. FYI, the groups I have planned have involved over 2 years of my time, and my last cruise, I spent hundreds of dollars of MY OWN MONEY on lanyard holders, design of shirts, signs, party supplies, proofs, button making supplies, shipping, printing and MUCH more... not to mention the daily upkeep of the group, keeping up with the bookings, questions, etc. It's not an easy job. We get a rebate a few months after the cruise, but no, we're not "cruising for free", if a group leader actually does things for the group, they are basically recouping the money they have put in...

Then Why do you do it, if you get basicly nothing out of it?? You have put in your time, money and at the same time taken away time from your family for no reason?? I know it takes a ton of time to talk on these boards.

Guess I still dont understand that the value of it. To me, my time with my family is sooo important to me.

The way I see it, and it is the American way! Is that you have a choice....exercise it! If you don't want to read about group cruises Don't but I fail to see where it is a big issue. Yes I am booked on 2 group cruises and that was my choice...! I know winter is boring but give me a break!:rolleyes:

Rob, the OP, was more the question ... SHOULD the group cruises have their own fourm..I guess sim to a roll call... as this location, I would have to think would be more directed to Carnival Specific questions and answers.

Yes, its easy to scroll over them, however, they dont actually answer or discuss a specific item with that cruise line. and how many times are they at the top of the thread with nothing about the cruise being discussed in the thread.:)

Rob, the OP, was more the question ... SHOULD the group cruises have their own fourm..I guess sim to a roll call... as this location, I would have to think would be more directed to Carnival Specific questions and answers.

Yes, its easy to scroll over them, however, they dont actually answer or discuss a specific item with that cruise line. and how many times are they at the top of the thread with nothing about the cruise being discussed in the thread.:)

I agree with moving them.......one of them the cruise was 2 months ago........seems it's turning into a regular chat room. Should be moved to the floataway lounge;)

Apple pie please......

Then Why do you do it, if you get basicly nothing out of it?? You have put in your time, money and at the same time taken away time from your family for no reason?? I know it takes a ton of time to talk on these boards.

Guess I still dont understand that the value of it. To me, my time with my family is sooo important to me.

I get plenty out of it. I get to cruise with some of my best friends in the world, and constantly meet new ones. The people I have met on these cruises will be friends for life. One of them just spent the holidays with my family. We get together several times during the year. I'm single, so you don't have to worry about me neglecting my family :p Doesn't take much time to "talk" on these boards... this post just took 32 seconds :p Unless you've actually done it, you wouldn't see the value in it... to me, it is INvaluable!!!!

Absolutely not.....that's one of the perks for having an Official CC group that you can advertise your thread on the much populated main Carnival Board keeping it in front of everyone coming to visit to increase the number of people to join in the fun.

yes. there already is, it's called the roll call forum. have you ever noticed they are the only threads to get stars?

Roll Call Forum is for ALL people going on ALL cruises....We don't want to put the Official CC Group Cruises in there and they get lost with all of them......thus we give them VIP privileges and have them as the "only" "roll call type" threads on the heavily populated Carnival Board for more exposure.....Stars?.....yep...cause it's a special organized group sponsored by CC.

OK......I read on down and saw Serene and GoinCrusin's responses and you gals are great group leaders and have answered about the same as I would have....so Thanks Gals!:D

WHY?......because most if not all of us Group Leaders do it because we LOVE cruising and getting together with our friends planning things......I've been the group leader for my friends all my life because I like to see everyone having fun....There is value that comes from no money at all.....called joy.....Money couldn't buy the joy that it gives me to do this for everyone.:)

Because they are also chat rooms for us to get to know each other....just like any other roll call......and sometimes........you may not believe this.....but we discuss things like....BEER AND 103 SUNSHINE!;)

I agree with moving them.......one of them the cruise was 2 months ago........seems it's turning into a regular chat room. Should be moved to the floataway lounge;)

Apple pie please......

Which one is still going where the cruise was 2 months ago??? :confused:

And exactly how many times do we have to endure where is Wee Jimmy now? So is that thread more important than another person just trying to get people to enjoy a cruise togeather? And No anything pertaining to Carnival should be allowed and not segragated.

And exactly how many times do we have to endure where is Wee Jimmy now? So is that thread more important than another person just trying to get people to enjoy a cruise togeather? And No anything pertaining to Carnival should be allowed and not segragated.

And don't forget the doc dance and "only 10 days til my cruise"... no "carnival specific questions" there... just excitement about cruising, same as the group roll calls :D Perhaps if you were actually booked on one, you wouldn't be so upset :D

My bad....I guess it was finally taken down. But it did go on for awhile.

You must be referring to the S&S 2 cruise, which was locked on November 10th... less than 3 weeks after our cruise (must be since the last one before that was in June, and has been gone a while). We had over 100 people on the cruise, and after 2 years of chatting and getting to know each other, we took a little time to post reviews, remember our fun times, before it was closed. It certainly wasn't 2 months.

I don't see why it really matters that the CC group cruises are in the Carnival forum. I only see four CC group cruises on page one and there's one a few pages back. It's no big deal at all to just skip over them if you aren't interested. I might want to do a group cruise one day and it's nice to be able to see them at a glance in case I ever get interested in doing one. Like some posters have said, it's good advertising for their group.

Archived