Best Room Accomodations for 5 Adults

My three sisters and I are taking Mom on a cruise and are wondering what the best room accomodations might be. So far, our options are:

Royal Family Suite - would love to, but probably can't afford it.

Family Stateroom - great and can afford, but only 1 bathroom and 5 females?

Adjoining staterooms - balcony with interior; two adjoining balconies; two adjoining ocean views; or two interiors.

Any thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Money is tight, and we want to enjoy the cruise as much as possible, so think we would rather spend more money on things to do, than on accomodation. What do you all think? Thanks much.

I think you answered your own question. If accomodations are not that important, and you want to save your money for other things, then by all means get the 2 connecting inside cabins. You can have 3 in one and 2 in the other and the 3rd passenger would be less $$$. The inside cabins are very dark, so that may be a problem. If it is then go the next step and get 2 connecting oceanviews. Talk it over with your gals, and go with the majority. No matter what you choose, you will still enjoy and have a great time. You will be with people you love to be with and on a cruise ship. What is better than that?

I agree that if $'s are the limiting factor go with the adjoining inside rooms. We are a family of 5 and we did this on the Disney wonder last October it worked well. In January we are taking along Grandma and Grandpa so we elected to go with the Royal family suite on the Voyager of the seas (1/15/05). It may be more reasonable than you think.

:)

I'd go for the connecting ocean view, but aim for the connecting balcony cabins if you can. I did not enjoy my inside cabin at all, and vowed to never voluntarily get an inside cabin again! You definitely need 2 bathrooms with 5 women, and the natural light is much more relaxing than the flourescent light of the inside cabins. Plus, you can tell if it is day or night!!

Whatever accomodations you get.....ENJOY!!

Depending on when you are planning on going, you might be suprised at the price of a Royal Family Suite, Last year we went on a cruise in October (not a prime time), We paid full fare for 1st and 2nd passengers and the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th were $69pp (plus port charges, of course), but #3-6 all sailed for less than $300pp. It was very nice to have a living area as well as the bedrooms, so we could all hang out. You may just want to check the price, you can't get it online, you have to call Royal Caribbean.

I would get 2 outside (adjoining) cabins. You could leave the door between them open and it would be like a really big cabin with separate bedrooms. The difference in price between inside and outside usually isn't very much. For just a little more you get a view. Usually there's a much bigger jump in price from an outside to a balcony. Based on what you said your priorities were, I think 2 outside cabins would be your best choice.

We are planning on going toward the end of April. I don't know when prime time cruising is for the Caribbean - somebody please educate me. We are doing a murder mystery themed cruise and won't know the exact date of that cruise until the beginning of next year, so we can't even make our reservations murder mystery cruise company finalizes their 2006 schedule.

We were traveling with 6 people and found the Royal Family Suite to be cheaper than adjoining rooms with balconies (Grandma HAD to have a balcony -- and she was footing the bill).

We're going to be in the whatever the family room without a balcony is called in three weeks, I'll let you know how it goes. From the pictures, there is a vanity, so it might not be so bad for women, especially if it saves some money. I'm mean, let's face it, it's not as if you're going to be taking the newspaper into the bathroom for 1/2 hour, only to leave a smell that is hard to describe and tough to stomach.

Bonnie

Archived