Infinity Bridgecam Archive: Was this a wave??

LauBu

The following 3 pictures were copied from the Infinity bridgecam shots from 12/10 6:12 AM - 6:18 AM (www.celebrityatsea.com, set for 1 min intervals). Is the first picture showing a large wave that washed over the camera in the second picture? There are a few pictures in a row similar to the first one and then the splash and then the following pictures look like calmer seas. Am I interpreting this correctly? If so..WOW!

FetchPic.aspx?Id=AD6BD0F0-65DE-46F7-B5E0-408D35580BBA

FetchPic.aspx?Id=0BAC069B-D566-4B3F-9AFF-6EE164C7C0B6

FetchPic.aspx?Id=BF10F2E1-5C0D-4636-885A-D52BCAB27708

I'm guessing its the windows being washed. I'm not sure of this, but I think there are big window washers on the bridge windows. On the Connie we had a forward cabin, and we'd see what looked like the windows being washed on the bridge-cam on the in room TV set - and at the same time would feel a mist on our balcony!

The following 3 pictures were copied from the Infinity bridgecam shots from 12/10 6:12 AM - 6:18 AM (www.celebrityatsea.com, set for 1 min intervals). Is the first picture showing a large wave that washed over the camera in the second picture? There are a few pictures in a row similar to the first one and then the splash and then the following pictures look like calmer seas. Am I interpreting this correctly? If so..WOW!

FetchPic.aspx?Id=AD6BD0F0-65DE-46F7-B5E0-408D35580BBA

FetchPic.aspx?Id=0BAC069B-D566-4B3F-9AFF-6EE164C7C0B6

FetchPic.aspx?Id=BF10F2E1-5C0D-4636-885A-D52BCAB27708

...it can not be a wave.....the frst and third photos were taken 6 minutes apart. A wave at sea would not have all white water......that occurs at shore in shallow water. I concur with Lsimon....it is something like the windows being washed.

I am not so sure. In the first picture, it looks like there is quite a ridge in the water, well below the white/sky area. I think it could be a wave. I check several shots and that 'ridge/wave' was visable for severla minutes before the bridge cam was washed over.

I don't think it washed over the bridge. At that time of the morning, someone would have seen it, and it would have been reported by now, I think. But it might have been...

Definitely the window washer. Take a close look at the first photo, just below the skyline - you can see dried up water/salt all over the window. Then, in the last photo, it's gone. They saw the windows were dirty and washed them :) Also, in the second photo, those black streaks are probably the arms of the wiper - they way the black breaks apart digitally suggests its moving pretty quick.

Archived