Getting Around New York

AlohaPride

Ok, so we've reserved carmellimo for our transportation to and from LGA.

We are paying $28 from LGA to Hotel Edison but the small print says "Tolls & Gratuities not included." 3 Questions: 1) Should we tell the drive not to use a toll road? 2) How much are the toll roads? 3) Would using the toll road = a shorter ride?

We are paying $31 from Hotel Edison to LGA. The same questions apply. Except one more: Our flight leaves at 11 am. We have scheduled for the company to pick us up at 7 am. Will this give us enough time to make our flight?

We leave tomorrow and would appreciate any help with this matter!

Mahalo,

~Mary

I wasn't sure where Hotel Edison was, so I googled it.

There are no toll roads between LGA and Manhattan, only toll bridges.

We wouldn't normally take the Triborough to get to Manhattan, but I think the toll is around $4.50 - expensive, but not the end of the world and it might be quicker...I'm not sure but I'm sure someone will correct me ;).

The 7 AM pick-up for an 11 AM flight should be fine.

From the Edison to La Guardia will take about a half hour that time in the AM.

For an 11:00AM flight, I would leave at about 8:30AM. 8:00 if it makes you feel "safer". Definitely no need to leave at 7:00AM. As someone else said, sleep another hour!

Toll is $4.50. Only way to avoid it is to take the 59th Street bridge, but it would probably take more time. Your tip should be between 15 - 20%.

BTW, a taxi from the airport to your hotel would probably run about $22 - $25.00. There are plenty of taxi lines at the airport. Personally, I only use a car service going to the airport, never coming from the airport.

The coffee shop in the Edison Hotel is well known and many of the Broadway Stars stop by for lunch or early dinner there before going to work. Their matzoh ball soup is excellent.

Have a great stay here!

Archived