Our Lucaya Resort Questions

BamaCruiser20

I have read post about using the beaches at the Sheraton or Westin at the Lucaya Resort in Freeport. Is there a charge for using thier facilities or are they free to the public? We will be there towards the end of April and would like to have beach chairs and umbrellas while on the beach.

Thanks in advance!!

I was just there and they wanted $10 for chair rental. There were two of us lounging in the chairs before they opened and they came and kindly told us that we needed to rent them. I don't know if that was $10 for the pair or for each. We didn't find out...we left. I was planning to purchase their food and drinks at their bar. Typically places don't mind if you use their chairs on the beach, not the pool, as long as they aren't busy and you buy things there. We were unwilling to pay for the chairs since there were literally like 10 people at the resort milling around and about 100 chairs.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in November. They charged $10 for a chair. It was worth it to me and with the chair rental they also gave you towels to use. There was a waiter coming around taking food and drink orders or you could walk up to the poolside bars/grill. There was a changing room beside the pool. The water was great and our kids did some snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived