Snokeling in the Bahamas

Littlenygs

DH, DD13 and I did the snorkeling excursion with Stuart Cove's last October and it was fantastic, the third stop with the sharks is definitely the highlight of the day (although hubby chickened out and stayed on the boat while DD and I got in the water with the sharks:D ).

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back! Can't recommend them enough! You'll prob. want to do the later time (12:15 to around 4) because the morning one is cutting it close to when you get in port and doesn't leave much time for other things in Nassau.

The shark dive was AMAZING. I expected about three two-foot long sharks. What I saw was about 50 reef sharks in lengths varying from a foot to about 4 feet and they were about 20 feet below my feet.

The people were really cool to work with. The guides on the excursion were really cool and funny. The bus driver gals had a bit to be desired in the personality department but I got past it!

Considering they take you to three sites you can't get to any way but by boat for $45 (if you pre-book they give you a discount over what you'd pay if you wait until you get there), you can't beat it. We paid about $55 to snorkel off the beach at a very crowded (albeit pretty) Coco Cay and didn't see half of what we saw with Stuart Cove's.

Archived