NCL - Majesty Engine Problem

JMJLW

My family is set to sail on the Majesty next week. I have been reading the reviews posted by past cruisers. Some are good some are bad. I am most concerned about the apparent engine problem that was caused the ship to not make all the ports of call or arrive too late. Does anyone have an update on the Majestey's engines?

The Majesty is an older smaller vessel, however NCL has taken very good care of her. I found its the crew the best, but I must say the crew last week on the Dream was very close.

The Majesty was built before Freestyle, and was extended in the late 90s adding another large restaurant, a few bars, and more cabins amidships. A great quiet place to read a book during the day is the Fireworks bar. Along the port side of the ship there are wonderful seats near large windows, another great place to watch other passengers. The Majesty was stretched correctly, in my opinion the Dream and Wind were overstretched.

Don't be surprised that the Majesty has some of the smallest cabins afloat, but they are well laid out with plenty of room for two. The Majesty will soon leave NCL's fleet before 2010 as new larger panamax and post panamax sized ships enter the fleet.

Frankly, I like the older smaller ships with charm, which the Majesty has in spades, better than the new larger ships being built today. The smaller ships are easier on your feet, not having to walk as far from one end of the ship to another.

She is as clean as any other ship in NCL's fleet. The best crew of any. Her main fault is her small cabins.

So what did you think of the Majesty???

The Majesty is a decent older ship. The best I can say is that the service was wonderful!! Although expect to wait in the main dining rooms...the service is a little slow.

My biggest diapointment with this ship was it's food:( . Just not very good and sometimes very bad. I am convinced they gave us ketchup one day for lunch in the dining room as the sauce for our spring rolls.

Great intinerary! Enjoy your cruise and I hope that the food is a bit better for you.

Jodie

Archived