Help! Silver Moon

sviramo

We are booked with Silver Moon tours but my husband just broke his foot and is in a cast to his knee. He is not suppose to walk on it. My husband would like to go and just observe on the boat but we are wondering how wet the boat is and if it would even be possible. Any feedback from those who have been would be helpful as we leave in about 10 days.

The boat wasn't wet at all. We even had one person on our tour that had a broken leg, but they were in one of those immobizers that you can take on and off and it doesn't matter if you get wet. I think your biggest issue though would be getting on the boat, if he is on crutches as you have to go across a narrow gangway, you don't wear shoes on the boat, and there are a lot of lips and such that you have to crawl over to get to the seating areas and the like.

I would recommend contacting the Silver Moon people directly to see what they recommend but I think mobility wise he would have a hard time getting on the boat.

As previously mentioned, the hardest part will be getting onto the boat. I can't imagine getting onto the boat without putting some weight onto the broken leg. After that it's not much of an issue unless he needs to use the restroom which is down a short flight of stairs. Once on board the boat is mostly dry even with heavy rain - although the deck floors may be wet. Shoes are not allowed on board and the crew will collect all shoes before you board. If his foot is in a cast and he can't get it wet or put any weight on it, I would not recommend attempting this trip.

In early 2006, Silvermoon was able to accommodate a passenger on our tour who was wheelchair bound. Not only that, when he expressed a desire to get in the water, they managed to get him and in and out safely. I don't think your husband will have a problem.

We did the Silver Moon last Dec and I had a walking boot on as my foot was fractured I had a blast. I am sure Ben or one of the other guys would help your hubby on and off the boat it's not to hard. I hope you end up going as this was the best excursion we did out of our two trips to barbados and in fact with the exception of the Dominica tour we did, it was the best excursion we have ever done. Good luck

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

Just back and this was the most amazing excursion. Ben and Tony did an incredible job. It was wonderful to see my DH who was on crutches and in a cast sitting on the back of the catamaran swinging his legs and laughing as the rest of us snorkeled. It was one of the few things he actually got to really experience because he would get very tired.

By the way, I keep reading about the wonderful drinks but no mention of the wonderful warm banana bread on the trip back in. That topped off the trip for my son.

Thanks Ben and Tony for a wonderful and memorable day.

Just back and this was the most amazing excursion. Ben and Tony did an incredible job. It was wonderful to see my DH who was on crutches and in a cast sitting on the back of the catamaran swinging his legs and laughing as the rest of us snorkeled. It was one of the few things he actually got to really experience because he would get very tired.

By the way, I keep reading about the wonderful drinks but no mention of the wonderful warm banana bread on the trip back in. That topped off the trip for my son.

Thanks Ben and Tony for a wonderful and memorable day.

I am so glad this worked out for you and your DH. How wonderful that you BOTH were able to have such an enjoyable excursion.

Archived