Martini's on the Legend

happy cruzin

Has anyone tried the martini's on the Legend? :confused: I got hooked on appletini's during our Triumph cruise last year. Thank goodness we did not find them until the last night :eek:! Is there a "martini bar" or can you get them from any bar?

I also seem to remember discussion of a martini tasting on the Legend. Do you know how it works, when and where it is scheduled??

Thanks!

I haven't been on the Legend, but on the Miracle and the Pride (also Spirit class like Legend) you could get any kind of Martini you wanted at most any bar on the ship. An Appletini is a pretty well-known one, so I'm sure the bartenders will know how to make one for you. (For something REALLY yummy, try a Caramel Appletini)

On the Miracle, they had a Martini bar in the Atrium lounge one evening, with about 6 or 8 different flavored martinis available at a reduced rate for a few hours. Watch your capers to see if Legend has something similar. On Miracle, it was on the 2nd formal night. Have fun! :)

I haven't been on the Legend, but on the Miracle and the Pride (also Spirit class like Legend) you could get any kind of Martini you wanted at most any bar on the ship. An Appletini is a pretty well-known one, so I'm sure the bartenders will know how to make one for you. (For something REALLY yummy, try a Caramel Appletini)

On the Miracle, they had a Martini bar in the Atrium lounge one evening, with about 6 or 8 different flavored martinis available at a reduced rate for a few hours. Watch your capers to see if Legend has something similar. On Miracle, it was on the 2nd formal night. Have fun! :)

Thanks! That is all good information to know - I figured I would watch the Capers for all of the details. Hopefully the Legend does it like the Miracle and the Pride. I never thought about it being the same as a formal night - that does make some sense :rolleyes: .

Thanks again!!

You can get Martini's at most of the bars on the Legend and they also have a Martini bar setup in the atrium on the second fornal night. This is one thing I miss from our Celebrity cruise, the martini bar.

Were some bars "better" than others? Nothing quite like a bad martini - I liken the bad ones cough syurp :eek: . Thank goodness there are more good ones and bad ones ;)

You will be able to enjoy your martini (apple or otherwise) at any bar on the Legend.

There is a bar just outside the dining room on deck 3 which is the cigar/wine/martini bar and has a longer list of martini's on their menu however these are available anywhere on the ship. I really enjoyed stopping by here before dinner each night and trying a different one while listening to some music.

There was a martini special in the atrium one night. The martini's were offered at a special price for a couple of hours and a lovely display was set up along with fruits etc.

When I was on the Liberty I had made a comment that I have never tried a Martini so the bar tender gave me this sour apple thing...I did not like it. A few nights later they had the ice sculpture displays everywhere, anyways I was asked if I wanted something called a Mango Martini, I was hesitant but I figured what the heck, so he mixed it and then poured it through the ice sculpture....wow I loved them! Not sweet, not strong, it was a very nice drink. Try it! Although I did find, some bartenders tend to make a better martini than others.

When I was on the Liberty I had made a comment that I have never tried a Martini so the bar tender gave me this sour apple thing...I did not like it. A few nights later they had the ice sculpture displays everywhere, anyways I was asked if I wanted something called a Mango Martini, I was hesitant but I figured what the heck, so he mixed it and then poured it through the ice sculpture....wow I loved them! Not sweet, not strong, it was a very nice drink. Try it! Although I did find, some bartenders tend to make a better martini than others.

They poured them through the ice sculpture :eek: - that sounds like fun. Never seen them prepared like that before :D. I'll have to give the mango martini a try - sounds very cruise-ish.

Thanks!

Yes they did, it was neat to watch and it came out nice and chilled too. I look forward to my cruise in 3 weeks, that is the first thing I will be ordering. I definately couldnt drink to many of them...would kick me in the butt, definately wouldnt want a hangover during my vacation.

We're getting on the Legend tomorrow afternoon, and I will post a full review, but I am also a bartender - it takes effort to make a bad martini! Most these days are straight gin or vodka, and all the flavored ones are essentially variations on the cosmo. If anyone has any questions about drink recipes, or pours by Legend bartenders, I will be happy to report sometime after next Wednesday.

We're getting on the Legend tomorrow afternoon, and I will post a full review, but I am also a bartender - it takes effort to make a bad martini! Most these days are straight gin or vodka, and all the flavored ones are essentially variations on the cosmo. If anyone has any questions about drink recipes, or pours by Legend bartenders, I will be happy to report sometime after next Wednesday.

Looking forward to your insights!

I don't like the typical sour apple martini either... next time have them fix you a Washington Apple martini... they aren't bitter at all and taste just like a washington apple... yum!! And don't forget the chocolate martinis :D If you get a good bartender that knows their chocolate you can be in for a treat... some do many different varieties... chocolate covered cherry, chocolate mint, etc. yummy :D

I don't like the typical sour apple martini either... next time have them fix you a Washington Apple martini... they aren't bitter at all and taste just like a washington apple... yum!! And don't forget the chocolate martinis :D If you get a good bartender that knows their chocolate you can be in for a treat... some do many different varieties... chocolate covered cherry, chocolate mint, etc. yummy :D

Oh boy.....another one to add to my list. Chocolate...how can you go wrong with chocolate :eek:

OMG, just about fainted..did you say Chocolate Martini, definately have not heard of that. Sounds delicious! Thanks for the drink tips....anyone else know of any other types of Martinis? Did not know they were made with gin too...I liked the vodka one with the Mango, not too sure I would like the gin.

OMG, just about fainted..did you say Chocolate Martini, definately have not heard of that. Sounds delicious! Thanks for the drink tips....anyone else know of any other types of Martinis? Did not know they were made with gin too...I liked the vodka one with the Mango, not too sure I would like the gin.

Well, most would say the martinis being discussed here are not really martinis... and really, they aren't... a true martini is gin and dry vermouth with an olive or lemon twist (stirred I believe 14 times, but some prefer shaken, not stirred of course ;))... then some prefer vodka martinis. Then you have the dirty martinis (made with olive juice) Muddy, dry, wet, etc. and then ordering martinis, many specify the exact liquor... I tell ya, they need a class on martinis in school! LOL!!! BUT, there are plenty of drinks that have come along and planted "martini" on the end... and since, there are literally hundreds of variations out there....

I would say that Cosmos, Apple martinis, chocolate, flirtinis, melontinis, caramel apple martinis, are among the more popular ones... but you can go to any martini bar and find enough choices to blow your mind. Carnival also has some of their own concoctions as well... they have some standard ones, but if your ship has a martini special, they will throw in some that you may not have heard of... try a few of them :D LOL!!!

I don't like gin... gives me a headache, and I am allergic to olives... so the traditional martini has never been appealing to me... but I have found a few of the "new age" martinis that I like... faves are chocolate and washington apple...

On the chocolate martinis, you will find everyone makes them differently. On the ship, they make a traditional which is vodka and creme de cacao... however, I have been able to find a few bartenders that make a good one! Adding baileys or frangelico adds nice flavor... I prefer them made with Godiva dark and white chocolate, vanilla vodka, a splash of frang and a splash of baileys... they are a staple at my house, LOL!

Ok here is my list...so far:

1. appletini (the favorite stand by...)

2. mango martini (Cupids favorite)

3. violetta martini (Yearnin's recommendation)

4. chocolate martini (a treat according to Goin)

Any others ??? :D I'm open for suggestions ;) .......

I would say that Cosmos, Apple martinis, chocolate, flirtinis, melontinis, caramel apple martinis, are among the more popular ones... but you can go to any martini bar and find enough choices to blow your mind. Carnival also has some of their own concoctions as well... they have some standard ones, but if your ship has a martini special, they will throw in some that you may not have heard of... try a few of them :D LOL!!!

OMG :eek: ...so many choices....so little time. Thank goodness it is an 8 day cruise!!! One more day to try the speciality martinis :D

I've always had a weakness for a good Key Lime Martini, especially if the glass is rimmed with crushed graham cracker.

I hope Liberty has a martini bar...does anyone know for sure?

Ohhh...that sounds like a good one too! Especially in the warm sunshine of the carribean. Puttin' "key lime" on the list :D

Archived