Rental Car in FLL

pinky0121

:confused: I hope I am posting this questions in the right area. I apologize if I am not! First time cruiser and new to the cruise lingo as well! Purchased a cruise out of FLL to the Caribbean for my boyfriend and I as an Xmas present! Departing FLL in Feb 2007 and will overnight 1 night prior to departing on cruise and will stay one night in FLL upon returning home. We have a Hertz rental car for both of those stays, what is the easiest way to get from FLL airport after returning our rental car to the cruise ship to leave and the easiest way to get from the cruise ship upon returning to the airport to pickup another rental. The lady at Hertz wasn't very helpful so I thught this would be as good a place as any. Thanks so much for your help and again, I apologize if I'm in the wrong area!

FLL has a common garage for all rental companies. I'm flying into PBI on 12/30/06, renting a car and leaving out of port everglades on the Caribbean Princess the next day. My understanding is that there is a free shuttle for rental car customers that runs from the port to and from the garage. Worst case, a cab is only a few bucks and you may even be able to share a ride. You may want to drop off your luggage at the port first and have one of you stay at the port while the other returns the car. I intend to do just that. I'll post in January to let y'all know how my plan turns out.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this might be a little late, but thought I would put this out anyway. I was resolving a question with a rep who informed me of the service below.

--------------------------------------------------

The following is for those arriving at the port:

PORT EVERGLADES IS SERVICED BY THE FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT

WHICH IS APPROX. 3.9 MILES AWAY.

 A free port shuttle: will transport customers to the hertz location and also back to the port if needed.

 Shuttle runs 7 days a week, every 15 minutes while cruise ship's arrive in and out.

They do recommend that you inform them so its on your reservation so they can plan accordingly.

Hope that helps!

Archived