Galaxy safe question

oceanqueen571

You can, however, lose a credit card in the safe - I did!

The inside of the the safe features an internal 'lip' at the front of the safe which things can drop beneath. This lip is quite deep. Add to that the fact that the safe is pretty dark - it's in a wardrobe away from a window, and in fact opening the wardrobe door to get to the safe cuts off the light even more - means that it's easy to lose sight of things in there.

I was looking for a credit card that I thought I'd left in there after the previous day's excursion, but I couldn't actually remember doing so. I had a good look for it in the safe as did my wife, but the card refused to be seen. So I then checked whether or not things had been charged to it, and it seemd that that they had, so we cancelled the card.

The following day or so we were in the safe again and this time I happened to run my fingers against this 'lip', and there was the card, tucked away under the lip. And the charges that I thought had been made on it turned out to be credit balance checks by Celebrity for the room account!

Don't know what type of cabin you have but we had a standard inside on deck 8 last month. We felt like fools trying to find the safe. Both my DH and I were looking everywhere, only to finally find out, from our room steward, that it was behind the mirror above the dresser. The mirror is flushed to the wall so it tricked us. Have a great time on Galaxy, we sure did!

Archived