Questions on Mini-Suites on Diamond/Sapphire

ModestMeans

2 questions on Diamond mini-suites:

Princess says that the minis are 384 sq.ft. "including balcony." Anyone know how large the actual cabin is?

Minis are available on Dolphin & Emerald decks. I think I read that the ones on Dolphin are exposed to decks above, thus no privacy, and the ones on Emerald are completely covered. Is this accurate? Anyone have any advice one way or the other?

Thanks,

Jim

I can't give you the exact interior dimensions but a mini is essentially a standard balconcy cabin with an additional sitting area about 10 feet deep, That and the bigger bathroom are the big perks, Your data on balconies is correct. Dolphins balconies are large but exposed to view and sun and rain.

Thanks Srphnx. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who had the Dolphin deck (exposed) balconies. Was it a big problem? Are they exposed to other balconies, to public areas, or both? Anyone have photos of one of these?

Just got off the Sapphire a few weeks ago and had a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. Have also had a mini on the Dolphin deck on the Grand in the Caribbean. The balconies are exposed to all the decks above them including lido and above. I have never found this to be a problem and was very satisfied with these rooms on both ships. I have also been in rooms that had covered balconies and while the privacy is nice, I did miss being out in the elements. Of course if it rains you may be wishing for that cover :)

Archived