NCL Air

mar2c1

I guess the schizophrenia runs deep at NCL. In the morning they won't throw life-rings to drowning men and in the afternoon they upsell you to a cabin you couldn't otherwise afford.

Actually, if you book thru a TA, as a matter of course they WILL NOT deal direct with the cruiser. In most cases (that have been posted to this board for some time), if you book thru a TA the TA must be the one to contact them for any changes, upsells or information.

-Monte

All 10 of us got our flights today.PHL to ORD to HNL. 6 on 6am flight out of

PHL & 4 on 8am out of PHL. We all meet up in ORD for the flight to HNL. WE have are seats out of PHL , but not out of ORD. Even our ta does not know why. Is it normal to not be able to make your seat assignments ahead of time for some of the flights? Airline says flight not full. They told me we can make them at check-in. They told another person we can make them next week possibly.

We got our flights yesterday for the 2/10 Norwegian Wind. They gave us United connecting in San Francisco, but unfortunately arriving at 5:50 PM. We figure that if worse comes to worse and we are late and the ship sails without us (doubtful as I think NCL has a lot of passengers on that flight), we'll just enjoy Honolulu for the night and fly to Hilo the next morning - we would still have 10 days on board and our travel insurance would kick in for the overnight.

We were pleasantly surprised at the flight back as we were put on the 1:45 PM back to SFO. We were expecting an overnight back.

Also, NCL had reserved our seats for us which is lucky as all that was left when I called yesterday was scattered middle seats. So we just added our frequent flyer numbers in and now we are set.

Does anyone know if 24 hours before the flight check-in means exactly 24 hours or can you check in the day before even if it's over 24 hours before. Our flight leaves at 8:00AM so can I check in at 6:00AM the day before? I want to do it before I leave for work that day.

One more question for the experts.

There are 10 of us leaving PHL on the same day, NCL booked us on 2 different flights. 6 on 6am flight and 4 on 8am flight. I checked with United

online and none of these flights are full. Can I ask to have the 4 on the 8am moved to the 6 am flight? Will there be a charge for this?

After checking with United today online I found that reason we can not get our seat on our 2nd leg of our trip,PHL to ORD to HNL ,is because that leg is full. Is this normal ? Will seat be open at check-in like they said?

FOr what it is worth, I flew four domestic legs in the past week and every one was basically full. I think they are still working off some backlog from the mess in Denver and it may get worse again there tomorrow. It is a frantic time of the year for commercial flying.

After checking with United today online I found that reason we can not get our seat on our 2nd leg of our trip,PHL to ORD to HNL ,is because that leg is full. Is this normal ? Will seat be open at check-in like they said?

More than likely it is overbooked; however UA does hold back a few assignable seats until the day of departure. If you have your UA record locator, I would check-in 24 hours ahead on their website and you should be able to get your seats. If not, you should try again on check-in at PHL. Keep checking daily between now and when you leave. See if you can get some people in your party assigned a seat even if you can't get all of them assigned.

If due to the overbooking, there are still no seats to assign in PHL, UA will give you departure management cards (DM cards). When you get to ORD, check in at the gate with your DM cards. At that point UA will start asking for volunteers to give up seats offering either a free ticket good anywhere in the lower 48 states, or a travel voucher for whatever sum they think will work that day. 99% if the time, they get enough volunteers.

I can go on about the 1% if you want...

Archived