Just back - we loved Grand Cayman!

madisonswims

We just got back from our cruise. I think that the best day of the cruise for me was in Grand Cayman.

We went to Stingray City with Captain Bryan's Buccaneer. We had an awesome time! The boat was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour guides who were wonderful!

There were only about ten of us on the boat and so we were able to spend a great deal of time with the stingrays. We got a lot of WONDERFUL pictures! The photographer was awesome!

My eight year old daughter kissed the stingray 3 times! She loved every minute of it.

After that stop we went over to the barrier reef. At this stop we snorkeled. While snorkeling I felt my daughter poking me. She said "Mommy - there is a really big fish!". I said "Oh cool Hailey - you found a shark!". She didn't miss a beat! I have to admit, at first I was a little taken aback. But, I quickly realized it was a nurse shark and was able to enjoy the experience! Very amazing!

We made a third stop as well. I think this reef was referred to as Coral Gardens. It was great. A lot of very pretty coral and numerous fish! There was a gorgeous starfish sitting on the sand at the bottom of the ocean. It was a beautiful site!

After our last stop we had the time to sail back for a while. That was really great!

Overall what impressed me most, other than the animals, was the color of the water! It was like nothing I have ever seen! It was a GREAT day!!!

Thanks to Captain Bryan's for the wonderful memories!!!

Yeah! There is definitely something about Grand Cayman that made us love that stop too!

Not sure if it was the nice port area with all those shops, the friendly people we encountered, the awesome tour we took, or something else.

In any event, it made us both want to go back there soon!

:D

Archived