Formal nite:Carnival "Holiday" Xmas Cruise

Piesek

Going on the "Holiday" to W. Carribean in 2 days for a Christmas cruise. My wife needs suggestions about what to wear for the formal nights on this cruise. How formal? What style(s)? I'm counting on this message board to help her out!

My 2night CTN on the Holiday - Formal night was the second night. Most passengers didn't seem to be aware there would be a Formal night; although, I'd guess at about a third of the ladies were dressed in cocktail dresses, several I noticed in long sequined gowns - just like on longer cruises. I wore what I normally do for Formal nights - the 'little black cocktail dress w/pearls'.

Here is what Carnival says, which is the most important opinion:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Plenty of "what to wear" threads in their appropriate forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Going on the "Holiday" to W. Carribean in 2 days for a Christmas cruise. My wife needs suggestions about what to wear for the formal nights on this cruise. How formal? What style(s)? I'm counting on this message board to help her out!

Welcome... we have had a roll call going for this... join us over at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=402806 we'd love to chat with you before we leave!

If this is any help... I'm wearing a floorlength black dress (little bit of beading - whith a sheer jacket over top)...and it's only floor length, because I'm so short, nothing ever falls between my knees and my ankles... LOL

Come on over to roll call....

Deb

If this is any help... I'm wearing a floorlength black dress (little bit of beading - whith a sheer jacket over top)...and it's only floor length, because I'm so short, nothing ever falls between my knees and my ankles... LOL

Deb

Deb will also be barefoot. ;)

Hey Piesek:

Deb and I are going also. She left you the thread for the roll call. Hopefully you will stop in the roll call to say hi. Otherwise, show up at the tables near the windows by the bus (Bus Stop Bar on ship) on Saturday at 2:00 pm.

I was on the Holiday in August and I can tell you there was a wide range of what people wore on formal night. As for myself, I wear velvet slacks with a velvet sparkly top. (Don't wear dresses much). You will see many variants on clothes. I say, she wears what she is comfortable in and don't worry about what anyone else says/thinks.

Becky

Archived