choosing a ship

martymonty

Hi

I have travelled on the Imagination and the Celebration, both were good ships, but this last time on the Celebration we hit some really bad weather and there was a lot of motion on the ship. I am looking into cruising next year and am just wondering what ship you would recommend. I would like something a bit bigger than the Celebration, but not one of those huge ships. Suggestions!!

Thanks

Stephanie :)

Hi

I have travelled on the Imagination and the Celebration, both were good ships, but this last time on the Celebration we hit some really bad weather and there was a lot of motion on the ship. I am looking into cruising next year and am just wondering what ship you would recommend. I would like something a bit bigger than the Celebration, but not one of those huge ships. Suggestions!!

Thanks

The Miracle (Spirit class) along with Legend, Spirit and Pride are all mid sized ships with most of the things that the larger have to offer......things are spread out in an easy deck layout so the crowded feeling doesn't seem to set in.

We love the Miracle and it just about always gets great reviews, it gets great service scores(the current Eagle award winner for service scores) and recently scored 100% on the CDC inspection.

You can't go wrong with this ship......we are going back next October and taking others with us.

The movement of the ship is not necessarily governed by its size.

A small storm will bounce off the big ships...but...the same storm will have half the people on the small ship hanging over the railings!:eek:

So if you want the best chance of not having hull movement pick a big ship...but then you have to just live with the other 3000 passengers!:(

We found that it is best to choose the ship and itinerary you like best and leave the weather to someone else. The chances of getting real bad weather is not great, so cross your fingers and go for it!:D

Tom&Deb:)

The Miracle (Spirit class) along with Legend, Spirit and Pride are all mid sized ships with most of the things that the larger have to offer......things are spread out in an easy deck layout so the crowded feeling doesn't seem to set in.

We love the Miracle and it just about always gets great reviews, it gets great service scores(the current Eagle award winner for service scores) and recently scored 100% on the CDC inspection.

You can't go wrong with this ship......we are going back next October and taking others with us.

I agree, we sailed the Legend on another Carnival cruisers advice about Spirit class ships and she is a wonderful ship for most of the reasons chitown cruiser mentions. We did not care for the Glory because there are alot of passengers on her and it seems we were constantly aware of that fact. In particular I did not like the stadium seating around the pool.

As for motion most of the newer ships have stabilizers that do a fair job even in some rougher seas but I have heard of some ship captains not using them to conserve fuel because it helps their bonus at the end of the year.

Seconded! Our experience on the Miracle and the Port of Tampa has been the best yet!

Seconded! Our experience on the Miracle and the Port of Tampa has been the best yet!
If anyone can get on the Miracle before it transfer's home ports do it.......we boarded our shuttle at the Chase hotel at 10 am and were on the ship shortly after 11am........painless as can be. Great ship, great port facility.....sorry my next one is out of Fll. I guess there will be the Legend to possibly book the following year.

Hi

Thanks

Choose the one that is going to where you wish to go visit. However, if you want a name of a ship, I've had several good cruises aboard the Triumph.

We have been on Legend and Valor. We really loved Valor and will be doing Liberty mid Jan. I hear nothing but good reviews for Miracle. We have been on 20 cruises with balcony cabins and can see no difference at all between front, middle or toward the back of the ship. Although we prefer aft because it is quiet and convenient for the buffet and pool.

The Destiny is the largest ship we have been on and also the most spacious (public and private).

I loved the Miracle but the cabin seemed the smallest of the three class of ships we've been on.

I would not worry about the size of the ship but rather would concentrate on where it goes and the time of year.

We loved the Valor a couple of years ago, and are looking forward to the Miracle this June - it gets great reviews. If you are interested we would love to have you join our group cruise - info is in my signature. At least you would have some fellow CC'ers close at hand if we would happen to have rough weather!!! :D

Archived