Delta Air question

H2Otstr

Has anyone flown to Europe with Delta? We are going to Amsterdam with Uniworld in May 2007. What meals are provided? Are drinks included or does one have to purchase beer & wine? Are headsets included or are they for purchase, also? Any info would be appreciated.

We normally fly British Airways or Luftansa but Uniwordl uses Delta.

Thanks.

My wife and flew into Barcelona last May on Delta. I can say the flight was very enjoyable without any major problems. We did have a slight delay in Atlanta but arrived in Barcelona on time. The aircraft was a 767, it is preferred to get a isleseat and window seat together if possible. There was a meal served however there was a charge for beer or wine. If you get a Air partner say Air France the wine and beer flow with no charge. There was entertainment with free earphones but in my opinion it had a lot to be desired. The movies offered were either stupid or boring. On our flight back the attendants couldn't get the movies in a set sequence so the same boring movie was played over about three times. I was almost comical however I think Delta knows they have to improve service on there overseas flights if they want to stay completive. It was a cut under from Luthansa but they did get us there and back with a meal and did not loose any luggage. This is a thumbs up but I can't get over joyed. Tim

Has anyone flown to Europe with Delta? We are going to Amsterdam with Uniworld in May 2007. What meals are provided? Are drinks included or does one have to purchase beer & wine? Are headsets included or are they for purchase, also? Any info would be appreciated.

We normally fly British Airways or Luftansa but Uniwordl uses Delta.

Thanks.

As there's still 5 months until May, I might wait on confirming any of these details as the airlines can change the "amenities" at a moment's notice. I might revisit this in March or April as that will give a more current summary of what the "amenities" are.

But according to delta.com, meals are included on international flights 5 hours or longer. The actual meal I guess will depend on your flying times. I believe I heard that Delta is bringing back free drinks for coach on international flights. You may want to check on that one. And typially headsets are included on international, but they will be of the cheap variety so you may want to bring your own.

Just returned last night from our trip to Europe. We flew Columbus Ohio to Atlanta at noon, no meal, just beverage and snack. Atlanta to Munich overnight, dinner with free wine or beer, plus breakfast.

Home was Budapest to Paris, breakfast. Paris to Cincinnati, snack, lunch, ice cream, pizza, and beverages. No free alcohol.

Loved our Delta flights until we reached Cincinnati. We had one more flight, Cincinnati to Columbus. Unfortunately the flight from Paris was 30 minutes late, plus 2 overseas flights landed at the same time, so passing through customs, immigration/agriculture, then security again was slow. We got to our gate 5 minutes before flight time to learn the door was closed and no one else would be allowed to board although there were 4 of us coming from Paris. To their credit, Delta paid for a private taxi to drive us to Columbus (about 2 hours). Our bags arrived about 30 minutes after we got to Columbus so all was well.

We flew DL from ATL to Milan (MXP-Malpensa), and returned from Madrid to ATL. 767-300ER, sat in coach two seats starboard side both ways, with miles. Close to or on schedule. Had nice chicken dinner and two movies on the way out, lunch (pizza), and snack on the way back, with four, count 'em four movies. DL headphones offered (complimentary) but we used our own. Two mini bottles of Fish Eye Shiraz, complimentary, and quite good, both ways. Breakfast bagel, etc. over the Alps (with Matterhorn off the starboard side). Service was excellent. Good WC assistance at MXP and MAD.

No problems with baggage per se. Quick check-in at ATL on a Sunday afternoon going out, but return through a not-so-busy customs area on early Sunday evening after Thanksgiving was a bit difficult, when it need not have been. Customs agent needed a happy pill (we had always gotten a "Welcome Home" and a smile) , and the wheelchair jockey tried to make two tips and got messed up when the other couple's luggage was slow getting off and then got hung up at the Aggie station (for raisins of all things). He wound up leaving us at the mercy of other Customs agents who were a) upset with him, and b) limited as to how much further they could take us. Luggage supervisor took pity on us as we placed bags on the belt to get back to baggage claim, and assisted us to the customs exit, whereupon another WC assistant took us very nicely the rest of the way. Not DL's fault. Recommend you insist on one individual to take care of you at the jetway getting off.

Watch out at DL's check-in at MAD for a portable scale along the line. Another pax on our flight was nabbed by an airport security guard for an overweight (I don't think by very much) and shrink-wrapped piece of lugggage while waiting on line for check-in. Can't say that the agent would have caught it also, but this seemed a bit harsh.

Enjoy!!

Cabo

Archived