Infant car seat question

lchavez

Hello!

Has anybody had any luck with a shuttle or taxi service that had car seats available for trips to and from the port? I hate to lug the car seat for my 10 month old.

We are on the Princess Coral in Feb.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Lisa:)

You are not required to have a car seat for infants riding in the back of taxi cabs - at least that's been our experience. We're bring our daughter, who will be 9 months old, and the only reason we'll have it with us, is because we're driving to the port.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lady_ & Baby_G

We just returned on 12/17 from cruising Carnival Victory via Miami. We used a taxi 3 times (airport to hotel, hotel to port & port to airport). We thought we did not need a car seat in the back of a taxi for our 1 yr. old. Oops! The taxi driver still provided us a ride (probably because it's still money) but let us know that it's the law and to keep her sitting.

I hope this helps. While it's not good we "broke the law", I'm almost glad we didn't know so we didn't have to lug a car seat around for the little time we were in a taxi.

If you look at the governments web site the laws state that the only situation where a seat is not required is when the child is being transported by an emergency vehicle (i.e. Police) and a child seat is not readily available.

So with that in mind I would suggest you bring your seat OR like we did we rented a limo (corporate driver) and they offered to supply a car set. Though in our case our car seat was also part of the stroller. so we brought the seat with anyways.

So which ever way you choose, please choose what's best for your little one.

Archived