Holiday Cruises - Any special happen like champagne at boarding?

We'll be sailing on Explorer of the Seas next Christmas/New Years and this will be my first holiday cruise on Royal Caribbean. On Carnival...many moons ago...they gave complimentary champagne out on a Christmas cruise (very specifically on Carnival Destiny out of San Juan)... The following year, we sailed on Princess (Grand Princess out of Fort Lauderdale) and didn't have anything over special...

The question is....does Royal Caribbean do anything extra special for holiday sailings? It's not going to make or break my cruise, just curious as it will have been 4 years since our last holiday cruise and, I want to know whether or not to order champagne to have it waiting in the cabin for us.

We'll be sailing on Explorer of the Seas next Christmas/New Years and this will be my first holiday cruise on Royal Caribbean. On Carnival...many moons ago...they gave complimentary champagne out on a Christmas cruise (very specifically on Carnival Destiny out of San Juan)... The following year, we sailed on Princess (Grand Princess out of Fort Lauderdale) and didn't have anything over special...

The question is....does Royal Caribbean do anything extra special for holiday sailings? It's not going to make or break my cruise, just curious as it will have been 4 years since our last holiday cruise and, I want to know whether or not to order champagne to have it waiting in the cabin for us.

We were on MOS 12/8 and the ship had plenty of holiday decorations and XMAS trees on each floor. Nice holiday atmosphere. Check for threads about your ship on CC from cruisers who were just onboard. I would hope they have extra specials because of what those cruises cost compared to other sailings just before and after.

We're also going on the Christmas cruise in 2007. This will be our first holiday cruise. Don't know what to expect. Was a little concerned about too many kids being on board or listening to Christmas music for twelve days. How do they celebrate New Year's Eve? Anyone have any info?

We have sailed on Voyager class ships every year for the last 4 years at Christmas and each year has been better than the last. Decorations, many Xmas trees, Xmas eve they had caroling in the Promenade, midnight mass and on Xmas morning Santa showed up for all the kids. All the adults got presents as well on their beds Xmas eve, nice ones too, we got a picnic basket on wheels with a pull out handle last year. There was a giant Gingerbread house on dsiplay and a special dinner menu for Christmas dinner as well as a special show that evening with Santa.

I think they do it up quite well on RCCL at Xmas, thats why I leave tomorrow on the FOS, hoping it will be just like the last 4 years have

been:)

• 1 month later...
I think they do it up quite well on RCCL at Xmas, thats why I leave tomorrow on the FOS, hoping it will be just like the last 4 years have

been:)

Antcyd,

I've booked our first cruise with FOS sailing Dec 23rd, and I was wondering if you could tell me what it was like onboard this Christmas. Was there anything special going on, did they have a special menu Christmas eve/day - any info would be gratefully received - thanks

Archived