Screwed over by Carnival PVP

JHAWK22

I agree with goincruisin and the last poster! $300.00 is a days bar bill on the at sea days. Add on the excursions, et al and you got yourself a hefty bill at the end of the week. We had about the same ($2500.00) for our family on a 7 day cruise and the kids had soda cards!

First I'd like to say that spending $2500 is a lot...TO ME. The point is if the OP doesn't spend $300 on her S&S that is her business and if she was overcharged for her cruise, she should be refunded (which she was). Everyone is different.

Our family of four had a Sail and Sign bill of under $1000 for our week cruise. My DH and I do drink quite a bit, the kids had virgin foo-foos which cost just as much as the spiked ones and we did excursions through Carnival. Our tips and $120 in photos were on there as well.

If a person wants their money in their pocket and credited to a card...that is their choice, and no one here should dictate how others spend or don't spend their money on the ship.

That's customer service. You were going by the price quoted. You probably should go up the chain of command. This is the same as seeing a price that is wrong in a grocery or department store. If it is their fault, they still have to give it to you at the advertised price. I would pursue it, or cancel and go with another offer.

You got the problem solved, the PVP probably got a really good telling off and she more than likely lost the credit for your reservation. She's already in enough hot water why would you want to write to Bob Dickinson and get him involved? She could lose her job. It was a mistake that has been corrected so why not just let it go now?

No one is perfect and mistakes do happen but taking it any further than you did AFTER it's been corrected I just don't understand.

I couldn't agree more. There was a problem and it was corrected. Why on earth would you take it any further? Yes, it's very frustrating but you got satisfaction. Emailing Uncle Bob about this would be like emailing him that the TP was a little scratchy. *shakes head*

That's customer service. You were going by the price quoted. You probably should go up the chain of command. This is the same as seeing a price that is wrong in a grocery or department store. If it is their fault, they still have to give it to you at the advertised price. I would pursue it, or cancel and go with another offer.

Read the entire thread.

Agree with you whole-heartedly about e-mailing Uncle Bob, livtojump!! GREAT TP reference, too!! Very, very good.....

Thanks :). I just feel that emailing UB about things that are a waste of time, are just that... a waste of his staff's time. Anyone that thinks the he reads these emails personally is naive. People seem to think that if you go straight to the "top" their problem will be solved, which IMO is not true.

Absolutely, liv! I never for a minute thought he read those things...but I'm sure his staff has to wade through them, (and shake their heads). It's much easier to follow a "chain-of-command" than to go straight to the top to UB....and better results. Great posts, liv! You know the score, and it's good to have someone like you (and Cotton) to "tell it like it is"!! Thanks!

Absolutely, liv! I never for a minute thought he read those things...but I'm sure his staff has to wade through them, (and shake their heads). It's much easier to follow a "chain-of-command" than to go straight to the top to UB....and better results. Great posts, liv! You know the score, and it's good to have someone like you (and Cotton) to "tell it like it is"!! Thanks!

Didn't mean to imply that you did think he read them...sorry. Nope, I've only got one cruise (so far ;)) to my credit but Posters like Cotton are the ones that add to this board. Me....well.....I've been accused a time or two of posting to a thread just to "stir the pot" LOL. Well, maybe that's true and maybe it isn't but I'll never tell!! :D Plus.....I just love to post!

I'm glad to see that Carnival came through! I too think that since the issue has been resolved that you should just let it go. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

BTW, in reference to your screen name, any connections to KU?

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

Would anyone recommend pushing the issue perhaps by writing a letter to Carnival? Yes, they have now made me "whole," but they have done nothing about the aggravation that my fiance and I have had to deal with for the past few days.

I'm afraid I'd have to let somebody at Carnival know about the problem -- after all, it is supposed to be 'customer service', not 'customer aggravation'. But I think I'd try to cast it in a positive light.

I believe I'd write a letter, after the cruise is complete, to the appropriate corporate customer service guru, explain the situation, and compliment them on resolving the issue satisfactorily (assuming all, indeed, does go well). That way, they're both aware of the aggravation they caused you, and that they responded appropriately -- and, that you appreciate them doing the right thing.

You may be surprised to find an offered future discount or credit even without feeling like a whiner. Service folks need feedback -- both positive and negative -- to improve what they offer. Some use it better than others, but they don't get any if you don't send any.

Liv it's great to see someone that thinks the same way as I do and doesn't think that every little detail that happens to anyone has to always go to Bob or anyone else after the issue has been solved.

Tim..someone at Carnival does know about it and that person solved the problem. Why does it seem like people are always looking for freebies from Carnival. I think the people that throw up after drinking and ruin the brand new carpets on the Triumph should have to pay Carnival for cleaning them but hey do those people get letters from CCL for the money? It's just as pathetic as that!!

Originally Posted by JHAWK22

Would anyone recommend pushing the issue perhaps by writing a letter to Carnival? Yes, they have now made me "whole," but they have done nothing about the aggravation that my fiance and I have had to deal with for the past few days.

Once again NO. Aggravation? So what...that's life. I'm sorry that you were given the "wrong" price but Carnival made everything right...Geez.....get over it already.

I'm afraid I'd have to let somebody at Carnival know about the problem -- after all, it is supposed to be 'customer service', not 'customer aggravation'. But I think I'd try to cast it in a positive light.

I believe I'd write a letter, after the cruise is complete, to the appropriate corporate customer service guru, explain the situation, and compliment them on resolving the issue satisfactorily (assuming all, indeed, does go well). That way, they're both aware of the aggravation they caused you, and that they responded appropriately -- and, that you appreciate them doing the right thing.

You may be surprised to find an offered future discount or credit even without feeling like a whiner. Service folks need feedback -- both positive and negative -- to improve what they offer. Some use it better than others, but they don't get any if you don't send any.

As has been said before - someone DOES KNOW. The problem has been corrected and all is well for the OP. Letting someone know about a problem that's not a problem anymore does nothing more than waste peoples time.

Let's everyone sing together now...."Something for nothing..." :rolleyes:

Liv,

In all fairness...I'm guessing that this couple is young and just starting out, so they are under the gloriously naiive impression that this was a real hassle and a big deal...because in their perspective, it was!!!

Give them a couple years...and a couple kids...they'll look back on this and think what a piece of cake it was to get this straightened out!! :D

I can tell you now that writing Uncle Bob these days will most likely result in you getting squat... why? Because every Tom, Joe and Larry are using that email for petty stuff and the emails barely get read... they are overloaded with crap these days because that email address is floating around so much... Use the chain of command, there is one in every company. The "bob" address goes to about 10 different people... We sent a review last year to that address after our TA requested we do so, we sent a GLOWING review, giving the names of the crew that made our cruise extra special, but it included some concerns about the pool deck on the Sensation and also a suggestion that Carnival should let their passengers KNOW that Mexico does not serve alcohol over the 4th holiday... we thought these were valid concerns, we CERTAINLY did not expect ANYTHING... We received a "response" from Bob himself, 5 times... all with a different response... hmmmm. It is sad to see alot of people give the address and follow it with "maybe you'll get something out of it!!!", why not "maybe it won't happen to someone else"? If I received something free for every hassle in my life.... :rolleyes:

You're right -- SOMEBODY does already know about it -- but probably not anyone very high up the chain of command. And, they do welcome feedback -- that's why they offer opportunities to provide it. The goal here is not to 'get something for nothing' -- that's just a pleasant possibility, as an afterthought.

Finally, please note, I suggested a POSITIVE letter complimenting them on finally getting it right. Yes, it also serves to point out the problem, but also lets them know what kind of response customers expect.

I would simply suggest rather than someone going straight to the Bob address, they should take it through the proper channels... If one were to contact Customer Service, they would most likely get the same results... since basically they are one in the same... Honestly, this man is the CEO of an enormous company, there are people within the company that are paid very good money to help resolve disputes and resolve CSAT issues... Even if someone did have the email address directly to him, does anyone think he has time to read the hundreds of emails that come in everyday? Take it through the proper channels and you will end up with the same results... I see too many people that think the very first step they take should be to contact the CEO of Carnival... if you have a bad meal at a national chain, are you going to go directly to the CEO or are you going to inform the manager of the store who is responsible for issues like that? If you cannot get a resolution to your matter by going through the proper channels, and you have a legitimate problem and feel you have been wronged, then sure, send an email to that address... and you may get a response (usually in about 2-4 weeks, our 5 responses came in over a 5 month period of time), but let's not kid ourselves that every response is coming from the CEO of Carnival.... I don't, in any way think that the issue brought up by the OP is something that needs to be addressed to the CEO of the company... it was brought up to a supervisor, who's job it is to handle these things, and it was resolved... now she will be able to plan the wedding without the additional stress and enjoy a wonderful honeymoon!!!!

You're right -- SOMEBODY does already know about it -- but probably not anyone very high up the chain of command. And, they do welcome feedback -- that's why they offer opportunities to provide it. The goal here is not to 'get something for nothing' -- that's just a pleasant possibility, as an afterthought.

Finally, please note, I suggested a POSITIVE letter complimenting them on finally getting it right. Yes, it also serves to point out the problem, but also lets them know what kind of response customers expect.

Well said GC.

No one "high" up the chain of command "needs" to know. It was a mistake and the problem was rectified and the person that made the mistake was probably repremanded.

Sorry the above comment spurs the "something for nothing" remarks and leads people to believe that. Had CCL NOT honored the price the OP booked at then yes, a well seasoned letter to the appropriate individual (PVPs supervisor) would be in order.

Halos you are probably right!

I agree it should be dropped, since you got what you were asking for. You should also think of the poor PVP. She may end up paying for the mistake out of her own pocket. I know, if a waiter or waitress makes a mistake in a restaurant they usually have to pay up at the end of the night. It may have caused you some concern, but you still got what you were quoted. Do you know how long the PVP has been working there? Were you her first booking and she just didn't know what she could do? I suspect she was rather new since she said she had learned from her mistake. (At least she was upfront with you about saying it was her mistake,a sign of someone trying to learn, rather than an old hand at covering up their errors.) As for writing to UB, ask yourself, "If I had experienced this sort of situation in Red Lobster and they had corrected it locally, would I have written to corporate headquaters to complain?"

Archived