Copying photos post cruise

babs275

I have seen where people have talked about going to Walmart etc to have copies made of the portraits and have a couple of questions.

1) Is everyone just using the Kodak Picture maker thing? I've had various results with this as far as color reproduction. Is there a better system out there?

2) Where or how do I get the release from Carnival to make the copies?

You will have to call Carnival and speak to guest relations. Ask them to send you a release.

I needed a release for my Victory pictures as those koday machines would not allow me to copy my photos without a password.

Just the opposite here. Actually, a few weeks ago I took a Carnival photo into WalMart, asked no questions, copied it with no problem. Nothing came up about a password. I've also made copies from other cruises at Kinko's. (Don't ask them to help you - just do it yourself.)

I went to Kinkos and copied my pics... lots and lots of them... when I was done copying (they never look at the pictures), they just came over, entered the password and I was done... easy :D Any time I use one of the Kodak machines, I make my copies, put the originals back in a folder and then I go ask for a password to complete the purchase.... not sure why they would want to see the pictures? Oh well, go to Kinkos... ours turned out very nice.

Our Walmart has a "kiosk type thing" to use to print digital pictures. It accepts all kinds of memory cards, CD's, floppies, etc. It also has a drawer that slides out with a scanner inside. If you don't have a scanner at home, you could check into this. You would just scan the picture in the store and have it printed right away. (They also have the Kodak picture maker but I've never used it.)

Our Walmart charges 24 cents per digital print and the photos are ready in an hour. I took around 200 digital pictures on our June cruise and picked out the best 100 or so and burned them onto a CD. I took this to Walmart and the photos came out great. Best part was I found out that if you have a large order (not sure how many exactly) that the prints were only 20 cents each!

I have a link to my pictures below if you would like to see. Some of them were taken at Bay Island Beach resort when you were there diving, Barb!!

Mary

Archived