Regal Princess/Alaska 7/25/04

clt/sfo

Hi -- I am 47 yr old gay man from San Francisco and will be on Regal Princess leaving SF on 7/25/04. I'll be travelling with my elderly parents on this cruise but hope there will be some other gay people on the ship. I have my own stateroom and have never been on a cruise before so am really looking forward to it! Having some gay family to pal around with a bit sounds like fun too. Let me know if anyone else is out there in the next few days. Thanks, Channing Thomson

Hey Channing - I will also be on Regal Princess, but not until August 14. Too bad we couldn't syncronize our schedules!

While I don't know if there are any family on the passenger list, look to the cruise and entertainment staff on this particular ship and itinerary. They tend to hang out at the Stage Door in the late evenings...

Hope to hear how it all was when you get back!

- Brian

Hey Channing, My partner and I will be on the Regal Next month on the 24th. The best way to find family IMHO is to check out the boarding photos. A single guy or two guys traveling together in not always a sure thing but its a place to start. Just get the old gaydar working. Have Fun

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time on the cruise. There was a get together the 1st full sailing day of the trip that was listed in the Princess Patter daily activities sheet. It was the FRIENDS OF DOROTHY event held at 1pm in the Characters bar near the top deck. This bar was one of my favorites -- very light, airy and comfortable with lots of fresh ocean air. The get together was terrific and about 8 people showed up the first day and there were 4 more such events. Different people showed up at different times but I attended each, met one of the ship's staff, and befriended several others. It was a great excuse to start with a nice margarita early in the afternoon and everybody was very, very friendly. This made it especially fun when running into people at the evening entertainment (which was fantastic) and at the various bar games held like NAME THAT TUNE and TV THEME SONG TRIVIA (w/Brett from the staff who is a lot of fun!).

• 10 years later...

I appreciate reading the posts from previous Regal Cruises. I would have expected the fitness center would offer a wider selection of equipment, but I guess the ship offers other great features. I'm looking forward to it in any case! This is my first attempt and reaching out in hopes of meeting someone in perhaps a similar situation as me. I'll know what to look for now in the Daily Patter...never even knew what FOD meant before! It would be great to hear from anyone else on this cruise or any advice would be welcomed. ;)