Cruise Weather in January

jessi1832

My family is cruising the W. Caribbean in January; departing from Port Canaveral. I've only cruised in August and am interested in knowing what the weather will be like on a January cruise. If you're familiar with the January weather on a W. Caribbean cruise, please let me know what to expect.

BTW - we'll be on the Mariner 1/14/07 - deck 9.

Thanks!

My family is cruising the W. Caribbean in January; departing from Port Canaveral. I've only cruised in August and am interested in knowing what the weather will be like on a January cruise. If you're familiar with the January weather on a W. Caribbean cruise, please let me know what to expect.

BTW - we'll be on the Mariner 1/14/07 - deck 9.

Thanks!

We cruised for Christmas last year, and were laying on the beach in Cozumel on Christmas Eve and it was 82*f. We are doing the Mariner on New Years eve, on the same itinery as you so can give you more info when we return

My family will be on Mariner 1/14 deck 9 also! I checked weather.com for averages for that week and here are the average high's posted:

Labadee low 90s

Ocho Rios 86

Grand Cayman 81

Cozumel 82

Lv2BonBoard - have you been on the roll call thread for the Mariner 1/14?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316522

We've cruised to Cozumel twice in late January/early February. The weather the first time was great - sunny and warm. The weather the second time, while much better than it was in Dallas, did not come up to that of our first trip. It was in the 70's, but misting a little as we walked around.

Our cruise this past January was warm except our day at sea. The temps were in the low 60's cloudy and very windy. We wore sweat shirts and jeans and were fine. The other days were in the 70's which was nice and warm for us. Go to weather.com before you leave for your cruise and look at the 10 day forcast for all the cities you are going to visit. I knew that day might be a little colder then the rest so I packed for it. The Solarium was packed that day! We didn't have to modify our plans at all though.

Sailing during hurricane season would scare me more than cruising in January.

Archived