Trunk Bay to Cinnamon Bay Questions

tflanag1

My girlfriend and I are interested in visiting/snorkeling at both Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay beaches. They appear to be very close to eachother.

1. Is it possible to walk to one from the other or would a taxi ride be necessary? (We are both 25 and in good shape)

2. Can we rent snorkel gear at one beach and use it all day at both beaches?

Hello,

Not a hop, skip and jump close but they are pretty close, its about a 3-4 minute drive between them. Its walkable, but not the best conditions; the road is sort of narrow, no sidewalks, not flat. As for the snorkel gear; you have to return it where you rented it in order to get your deposit back. Also the Trunk Bay rental people said they don't really want the snorkel gear leaving the beach. Another option would be to rent snorkel gear from the Dive shop in Cruz Bay before heading out to the beach that way you could use it at both beaches. I think its $10 a day, its just to the right, a short walk along the beach from the end of the ferry dock. You would need to return it to the dive shop before taking the ferry back to St. Thomas (again in order to get your deposit back).

--Islander

The are indeed very close to each other, but not walkable due to the terrain. There's a steep hill between the two of them that extends out into the water:

57583916-S.jpg

Taxi is definitely the best way to get from one to the other and they available are at both beaches in abundance.

Even though both are National Park Beaches and are next to each other they're still run separately. For that reason I don't think that either beach would appreciate someone walking off with their snorkel equipment, even with the intention of returning it later in the day. But I could be wrong.

Have you thought about making some sort of rental arrangment with a scuba shop near where you live if you don't want to invest in equipment?

My advice would be to head to Trunk Bay first. It's on the way to Cinnamon. Get there as early as possible because Trunk Bay gets very crowded during the peak season (from now until Easter). As Trunk fills up, head to Cinnamon. The taxi ride between the two is maybe 5 or so minutes.

Archived