Entertainment/shows while in port?

star7228

This may be a silly question, but I know I'll get an answer! :) A couple of our stops in Alaska occur later in the afternoon (Juneau, 2-10pm and Victoria, B.C., 6pm-12am). We'll be on the Pearl next June.

I'm just wondering if NCL still plans as much evening entertainment (e.g. the 7:30 and 9:30 "primary" shows at the Stardust) when the ship is docked later into the evening. What type of entertainment do they usually offer on these days? :) Thanks in advance!!

This may be a silly question, but I know I'll get an answer! :) A couple of our stops in Alaska occur later in the afternoon (Juneau, 2-10pm and Victoria, B.C., 6pm-12am). We'll be on the Pearl next June.

I'm just wondering if NCL still plans as much evening entertainment (e.g. the 7:30 and 9:30 "primary" shows at the Stardust) when the ship is docked later into the evening. What type of entertainment do they usually offer on these days? :) Thanks in advance!!

Those nights will probably be the nights they have the Aniversary Game (Newlywed) and the Not Telling the Truth game shows.

The Dance Shows haven't been playing every night for a long time.

On the Star in 2005 (same itinerary you are doing on the Pearl), there was an 8:30 p.m. show only on Juneau night featuring a singer and when we were in Victoria, they did a "crew talent show" at 8:30 p.m.. Since Victoria was the last night, they did the big "finale" show where the crew comes up on stage and the sing that song ("this is your home, away from home, you are a part of the family, etc.) on the night before.

Hello, Star7228. I got out my "Dailies" from our last cruise to see if I could find an answer to your question.

In Juneau we had to back onboard by 9:30 PM. The "show" that night in the Stardust Theater was "Family Feud" which started at 9:30. At 10:30 they has a "70's Disco Groove Party" in Spinaker Lounge. However after our busy day in Juneau and knowing we had a early morning arrival in Skagway the next day, we were in bed by 10:30.

On Saturday, we were scheduled to dock in Victoria at 6:00 PM and be back onboard by 11:30 PM. "Showtime" that day in the Stardust was 1:45 PM with Shawn Farquhar doing "Close Up Magic".

Hope this helps! Happy New Year!

Hello, Star7228. I got out my "Dailies" from our last cruise to see if I could find an answer to your question.

In Juneau we had to back onboard by 9:30 PM. The "show" that night in the Stardust Theater was "Family Feud" which started at 9:30. At 10:30 they has a "70's Disco Groove Party" in Spinaker Lounge. However after our busy day in Juneau and knowing we had a early morning arrival in Skagway the next day, we were in bed by 10:30.

On Saturday, we were scheduled to dock in Victoria at 6:00 PM and be back onboard by 11:30 PM. "Showtime" that day in the Stardust was 1:45 PM with Shawn Farquhar doing "Close Up Magic".

Hope this helps! Happy New Year!

Thanks Brunolvr - you always come through for me! :D Have a great New Year yourself!!

Hi folks,

As a general rule, during the Alaska run, the Star had a show every night except Victoria. The mention above about the Family Feud as the entertainment while in Juneau was a rare event.

In fact the Star, on Juneau night, usually did a 9PM show in the Stardust that featured either Elvy Rose or Shawn Farquhar. I recall always standing on stage while the engines kicked in a rattled the room around 9:45 as we pulled away from the dock.

Cheers,

Hannah's Dad aka Shawn Farquhar

Archived