Hilton Coco Beach - Grocery Store & Restaurant Q's?

Jenk

We are booked into The Hilton on Coco Beach the night before we cruise next Sept and was wondering if what people thought of this hotel?

Also can anyone make any recommendations of where to eat for dinner, I would prefer not to eat in the hotel if possible. Ive read that there is a Mexican restaurant next door but Im not sure of the name....does anyone rate this place?

And lastly, is there a grocery store near by where I can get some goodies to take on board i.e. soda and wine :)

Many thanks for your help, these boards are amazing!!

J

We like to go to the Grille or Fishlips, which are near each other and by the pier. There is a Publix on the main road as you are coming into Cocoa Beach.

I personally can't tell you about the hotel. We stay at the residence Inn.

Go to www.tripadvisor.com

You will find reviews on that site. You could also type in Hilton under search at this thread and see what comes up.

We are booked into The Hilton on Coco Beach the night before we cruise next Sept and was wondering if what people thought of this hotel?

Also can anyone make any recommendations of where to eat for dinner, I would prefer not to eat in the hotel if possible. Ive read that there is a Mexican restaurant next door but Im not sure of the name....does anyone rate this place?

And lastly, is there a grocery store near by where I can get some goodies to take on board i.e. soda and wine :)

Many thanks for your help, these boards are amazing!!

J

We have stayed at the Cocoa Beach Hilton many times. Very nice , comfortable hotel on the ocean.

We always have had a car when we were there and drove down AIA to a very nice restaurant THE MANGO TREE.

Enjoy!

There is a grocery store (publix?) in the strip center about two/three blocks north of the Hilton on the other side of A1A.

What kind of food do you want? Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral have some mighty good restaurants. I also like Grills at the port. ESPECIALLY the seafood omelette at breakfast. The seafood Reuban at lunch is also really good there.

I would choose another hotel other than the Hilton because I like a balcony where I can sit out and listen to the waves when I'm in an ocean front hotel. Your mileage may vary. Other than the lack of a balcony the Hilton is nice. Ate a buffet there once and it was okay. Nothing special. Mostly when we are in Cocoa Beach it is for a week or more so we are usually in a timeshare or apartment rental.

Thanks everyone for those great replies :)

For one day I can do without a balcony, if i was there longer i would def change because of that though so thanks for the heads up.

Regards to food the Grill sounds good, Im not a huge fish fan, we like tastey /spicey food but also love a great steak :)

Thanks again

J

there is a restaurant located midpoint on the pier in cape canaveral that is very good. Wish I could remember the name of it... will try and find it an repost. Wonderful big windows out over the rolling waves. In the past I have found coupons in the tourist throw aways for an early bird special there that made the meal very economical.

Across from the surf in downtown cocoa beach is a chinese restaurant that is also very, very good. Some of their food is quite spicy :D

Added: the restaurant on the pier is the ocean grill. Mostly seafood but DH had a steak that he thought was good.

http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/menu_atlantic_ocean_grille.html

Archived