First time on Fantasy

Sunnyvacations

Woo hoo! I booked a cruise on the Fantasy for June 2007. Received my latest copy of the Carnival Currents magazine and noticed an ad for Exclusive Sale for Past Guests. (My first cruise was June 2006 on the Inspiration and loved every minute of it!) Anyway, I had booked my upcoming cruise directly with Carnival. I gave them a call and asked if I was eligible for any credits/discounts. Not eligible for any credits but was upgraded from an Inside Guarantee to the Verandah deck. I don't think I even made it to that deck while I was on the Inspiration. Will I like the Fantasy as well?

Liz :)

Carnival Inspiration - June 2006

I think that's a fabulous upgrade and you will enjoy it up there. It's very close to all the public decks. Keep in mind you will get more side-to-side motion up there than you would on say Riviera or Main. But if you are not prone to motion sickness, no worries.

If they upgrade you again, the only place they can go is to an outside cabin!!

We took our first cruise on Fantasy when she was out of Port Canveral. Boys (9 & 13) had fun and made some friends. This time we are taking Inspiration. Since they have the same basic floor plan, no one should get lost and hopefully we will know our way around as soon as we get on board.

We took our first cruise on Fantasy when she was out of Port Canveral. Boys (9 & 13) had fun and made some friends. This time we are taking Inspiration. Since they have the same basic floor plan, no one should get lost and hopefully we will know our way around as soon as we get on board.

LOL! I still get lost after 8 cruises, all on either Fantasy class or Holiday class!! ((Especially after a few drink specials!))

The Inspiration is a beautiful ship too. Y'all have a great time!

LOL. I'm sure they will. i crack up w/ my kids. it's at the point right now where i tell them the stateroom # as we embark, and they just walk right to it (lead the way -- kid you not). drop the stuff off, head to lido for lunch -- they again, lead the way. they know these ships like the back of their hands. kids will amaze you sometimes.

Sunny, you will LOVE the Fantasy, she was our first cruise & our favorite !!! (Done the Sensation, Fascination, Conquest and Holland Zuiderdam.) I am always planning my next cruise even when I am on one-LOL

Enjoy the Fantasy, you'll fall in love with her too!

Thanks to all my well-wishers! I know the ship will be just GRAND!

After reading a few upgrade stories - I wonder if maybe I should have requested maybe the Upper Deck with OV. That's what we had on our first cruise as an upgrade. Great surprise as first-time cruiser!:)

Archived