What's the difference?

CruzinSouth

Nice to meet you Chief. EM2, Elmer Montgomer FF1082, aka Sub Killer, 87-91. We may have chased you across the pond during some NATO ops.;) Your story backs my point though, I may be wrong about the individual breaker but the breaker did trip. Now as a nozzleman on number 2 hose, and many training classes in that little metal room full of burning diesel fuel you're right, fire on a ship is no fun.

Sorry everyone, ot.

LOL. Got a chuckle at the "sub killer" thing! You probably didn't chase us, we tended to stay far, far away from everyone. You probably played with the fast boat boys, they're quiet, but even they had trouble finding us! We spent most of our time poking holes in the ocean at 3 knots to nowhere. Thanks for continuing the good fight sailor, there are folks out here that appreciate it.

I actually did overhear a steward on Freedom of the Seas telling some passengers in a cabin adjacent to ours that irons are not allowed. He had a very firm tone. the door was open and he was out in the hall looking in. I guess he saw them using an iron and he was not mincing words about the situation. Maybe it did impact his tip, but there was no arguing with him.

Very commendable. However, I would guess this is definitely the exception, not the rule.

Maybe it is just me but if I were to pack an iron I would be to relaxed to use the darn thing...

I say if you bring it on board; unplug it. If you don't want to bring one, send your cloths out or just use the in the next room I am sure they have one! :D

Angela

On Board, you seem to only want to follow the rules that don't inconvenience you. How convenient! The rules are made for everyone's safety, not just to put a burden on you. I bet you are a darling cabin mate.

As a matter of fact I am quite the cabin mate according to DH!:D

Get a grip dbdave, I bet you are a smoker and drink a lot! :rolleyes: It sounds like to me that you would be just a barrel of fun to travel with:D .

Happy New Year!!!!

Archived