glad we didn't........

bubbles1209

Glad we didn't pay to have dh's passport expedited when we applied. He applied 11/29/06, and when we checked the website today, it states that his passport is in the final processing stages, and he should have it on or before 1/06/07. We cruise on Liberty the week of Valentine's day, so he will have it in plenty of time! Lookout Liberty we'll be there soon!:D

Gald you did not expidite either since all you meeded was a birth certificate for the cruise. Unless your planning on missing the ship at a port.
Don't plan on missing the ship, but wanted to be prepared should something happen and we had to fly back.

Don't plan on missing the ship, but wanted to be prepared should something happen and we had to fly back.

I wasn't meaning to be offensive but people overplay the passport. If you did not have it and had to fly back from the ports you are visiting it would probably be a phone call to get on a flight and then a a ten minute meeting with TSA when you land. It just happened to someone on these boards.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

I thought all crusies after today will require a passport? I had to get 3 for me and my familly this year.
Jan 23, 2007 I believe is the deadline for all air travel, between the U.S., Canada,Mexico, Central & South America,the Caribbean and Bermuda.

Jan 1, 2008 is the present deadline (subject to change) for land or sea travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Central & South America the Caribbean & Bermuda. The initial idea was to have both land & sea required by Jan of 2007, but the deadline was changed. Just think, at the end of the year you will not be scrambling to get yours and be stuck waiting and waiting. We're glad we went ahead and got ours, never know when something may come up and you have to fly back. A little off the subject, where is Fort Mill in South Carolina? We work in Augusta, and live right outside of Augusta, and I don't believe I've heard of it.

Glad we didn't pay to have dh's passport expedited when we applied. He applied 11/29/06, and when we checked the website today, it states that his passport is in the final processing stages, and he should have it on or before 1/06/07. We cruise on Liberty the week of Valentine's day, so he will have it in plenty of time! Lookout Liberty we'll be there soon!:D

Oh Wow! There's a website you can check to see where our Passports are? That's really cool! We just got our pictures done, and I have all the paper work filled out, we just need to go to the Post office and pay and apply. Should be doing that sometime this month. We aren't cruising until probably August, so we have plenty of time. Do you get the link to check the status when you apply?

Diana

Oh Wow! There's a website you can check to see where our Passports are? That's really cool! We just got our pictures done, and I have all the paper work filled out, we just need to go to the Post office and pay and apply. Should be doing that sometime this month. We aren't cruising until probably August, so we have plenty of time. Do you get the link to check the status when you apply?

Diana

here's the link

www.travel.state.gov

just click on it, then click on the middle box where it says check the status of your passport application online, and follow the directions. You have to wait about a week after you apply to start checking, this gives them time to get it into their system. Keep checking and you'll see it go from thank you , your application is being processed, then you'll see that your application is in the final processing stages, then it goes to we have completed your passport application and it has been mailed to you, you should receive it on or about such and such date.

Hope this has helped:)

My fiance, parents, brother and his wife are all going on a valentines cruise as well, Carnival Pride!, but my fiance and I were the onlyones to get passports..we applied right before thanksgiving, and were told we should get them this week..so its nice to hear that someone else did the same thing and everything is going smoothly!

Archived