Conquest-class Cat. 11 Suite closet and partitioning

MechTeach

I've tried all the variations on search terms I can think of to find these answers, but had no luck, so here I am de-lurking...

We're sailing in a category 11 on the Valor in 2 weeks (#7238). Does anyone who has been in a standard 11 (ie, not 9205 or 9206) on a Conquest class ship know:

1) What approximate size is the walk-in closet?

and

2) Is there anything we can bring (or ask our room steward for) to visually separate/partition the couch from the bed (our preschooler will be sleeping on the couch)?

This is our first suite, and I'm pretty psyched. Thanks a lot!

We were on the Conquest in an 11. The closet areas are different from the actual walk in closet on a cat. 12 on the Elation.

On the Conquest there is a closet area by the bed with drawers. Then when you enter the bathroom area, there is a dressing area with mirror and the closet on the other side. The area has a door that can be closed to the outside and a door that can close to the actual bathroom. The dressing area is large enough for two people to stand and look at the mirror or one person to very comfortably get dressed in. Very nice.

The bed and couch are seperated by a small end table. Not a lot of room and I cannot think of anything to seperate the two. The 11 on the Conquest was really like a hotel room that floats. Instead of two doubles--it has one bed and the couch. Not huge but comfortable. Truly, the bathroom area was the biggest plus--room size seemed average.

Have fun!!

We were on the Conquest in an 11. The closet areas are different from the actual walk in closet on a cat. 12 on the Elation.

On the Conquest there is a closet area by the bed with drawers. Then when you enter the bathroom area, there is a dressing area with mirror and the closet on the other side. The area has a door that can be closed to the outside and a door that can close to the actual bathroom. The dressing area is large enough for two people to stand and look at the mirror or one person to very comfortably get dressed in. Very nice.

The bed and couch are seperated by a small end table. Not a lot of room and I cannot think of anything to seperate the two. The 11 on the Conquest was really like a hotel room that floats. Instead of two doubles--it has one bed and the couch. Not huge but comfortable. Truly, the bathroom area was the biggest plus--room size seemed average.

Have fun!!

What cabin were you in and do you have pictures of it that you can post here? We are in cabin 7326 in July.

Thanks.

We've been in two cat. 11 suites on the Conquest....7275 (our favorite) and 7258. They were identical in layout. The first poster described the bathroom and dressing room very nicely. On the Conquest, the bed is two twins joined to make a king. The sofa is at the foot of the bed, divided by the walkway that goes to the balcony door. If you don't open up the sofa bed, it will be divided from the bed by this walkway. A table is also between the sofa and bed. However, I think you're out of luck if you want to be visually separated from your child. (Except when the child is at Camp Carnival. ;) ) I would say that there is more than enough closet space for a couple with a small child. We only used the closet in the dressing room for our dirty clothes. (I pack a collapsable clothes hamper and place it in the closet.) All our other clothes fit with room to spare in the bedroom closet and drawers. You might want to bring extra clothes hangers. Whether or not your cabin on the Valor will be identical to this one, I cannot say.

Thanks so much to all of you for your very helpful descriptions! I had seen the pictures that SunnyinMA posted at the beginning of my search for info (I appreciate the link to them again, though, as I forgot to bookmark them the first time around), but I couldn't get the exact layout down without momof4boys & Grits53's descriptions. Now I think I have a good idea of how it all fits together. I'll try to pass on the favor to future cruisers by posting my pix on webshots when I get back.

Thanks again!

Archived