Over 25 rule and changing rooms?

daldoyle

My wife is booked sharing a room with my sons GF, who is 22 since my son is 20. We were planning on switching rooms so my wife stays with me a

How do they work the room keys so that my wife's card will work on my/our door? Is there any other things I should know about doing this switch??

My wife is booked sharing a room with my sons GF, who is 22 since my son is 20. We were planning on switching rooms so my wife stays with me a

How do they work the room keys so that my wife's card will work on my/our door? Is there any other things I should know about doing this switch??

Let us know how it worked out for you. We have a similiar situation in May on the Triumph.

Have a great cruise.....

Can you please explain how it works with the S&S card. My mother and daughters fiance(he's 21) are booked together and my daughter and I are booked together in a cabin. Do they switch tha accounts when they do the room key? On the S&S paperwork it has my mom and DD fiance on it, can we just cross out his name and put mine on it and cross out my name on DD paperwork and put her fiance on it? Help! Thanks, Laura

when you do the room key switch at pursers desk,they will also do the account changes that need to be done,i.e. what credit card to witch key.hope this helps you its easy so dont fret about it just relax and enjoy your cruise:)));)

The easiest way I see to do it is, at check in, make sure that the two people set up different sign and sail accounts with different credit cards, etc. Then, as others have said, just go to the purser's desk and ask for an extra key for both rooms.

We had the same situation. We just went to the Information Desk and had new Sign and Sail cards issued. Went smooth with no problems at all.

We told them that the TA made the wrong room assignments.

We had the same situation. We just went to the Information Desk and had new Sign and Sail cards issued. Went smooth with no problems at all.

We told them that the TA made the wrong room assignments.

I would actually advise against telling them that you're switching people in the cabin. When my brother tried to tell them that, they tried to change the info in the computer, which wouldn't have worked when they saw the ages.

We just told them that we were getting an extra key to even out the luggage a bit so we all had enough room in our cabins.

You really don't have to make up any excuses for the desk, one person from each cabin goes to the desk and asks for an extra key, I have done this on every cruise and have never been asked why i need the key.

Daldoyle---If your son and his girlfriend are booked into a cabin next door or across the hall from you, they can be booked into their own cabin together so no need to switch keys.

You really don't have to make up any excuses for the desk, one person from each cabin goes to the desk and asks for an extra key, I have done this on every cruise and have never been asked why i need the key.

You've been lucky. That was the first time I ever had to switch cabins like that, and we were both asked why we needed the extra key. When my brother originally said because of the room switching, she wouldn't give him the extra key and instead wanted to change us all around in the computer, which obviously wouldn't have worked. He had to go back later and get someone else.

OP - Just have something ready in case they ask.

I just told them the TA made the wrong room assignmentts and we needeed new keys. They made the change in the computer and gave us new S & S cards. My daughter wasnt even with us when we hada her room changed.

not any problem switching at all.

Archived