Can I use my lap top in the Cabin?

showe0208

They currently are WiFi'ing the entire fleet not sure about your vessel, often you can log in if your cabin is close to the internet cafe, Other wise you of course can use your laptop for all other activites....

Search Carnival.com for WiFi and it should tell you all the ships currently outfitted.

John

I would like to bring my lap top on th Legend In March. Mostly to download pictures from my memory stick. I have a wirless reader but do the rooms have bluetooth or do I have to go to the internet cafe?:confused:

When we sailed on Legend two years ago the wifi only worked in the vicinity of the Library which is the internet cafe. This may have changed as some ships now feature ship wide wifi but no ships use the bluetooth standard. It will be 802.11G standard.

In any case upstream speeds are very very slow. If you plan to upload pictures you will be spending alot of time on-line. Buy a big block of minutes when you first board the ship. They offer the best deal on blocks of minutes at the beginning of the cruise. Better yet, many ports have internet cafe's with reasonable connection fees. Better still, leave your pictures on your laptop and upload them when you get home.

Archived