Is there a phone # I can give my babysitter?

I leave on The Voyager of the Seas on the 20th. I am doing a list for our babysitter with phone #'s in case of an emergency.If anything should happen back home with my children, babysitter etc. how do they get a hold of us on the ship?Thankyou

There should be an 800 # listed in your cruise documents for someone to use to contact the ship, but I don't believe they can call you directly. Otherwise, you can call home from your cabin phone, or from the ports. There is also an internet cafe onboard to use for $.50 per minute.

I leave on The Voyager of the Seas on the 20th. I am doing a list for our babysitter with phone #'s in case of an emergency.If anything should happen back home with my children, babysitter etc. how do they get a hold of us on the ship?Thankyou

If you have Cingular look here http://www.cingular.com/travelguide/coverage/coverage_details.jsp?CIDL=1516&MNC=CING

If not, the shore to ship phone is somewhere around $8/per minute

I do not know where you live so I will give you all the information.

The number to contact the ship is (888) 724-SHIP (7447)

They can call (732) 335-3285 for access from outside the US. It will cost them $7.95 per minute on their American Express, Master Card or Discover card.

(From outside the US additional long distance charges will apply.)

You can also call them from your stateroom 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 per minute and will be charged to your Sea Pass account.

s.gif

Here's the info direct from the RCCL website....

s.gif

Can my friends and family contact me on the ship?

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-SHIP [(888) 724-7447]. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (732) 335-3285. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute, and can be charged to their American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

We, unfortunately, have had some experience with family needing to reach us. My Grandfather passed away last January while we were on Enchantment. My folks called the ship while we were on a shore excursion in Belize. The ship was great about getting us a message. We hadn't been back to our cabin for more than about 3 minutes when we got a phone call from the operator giving us the message to call my family. Either they were really lucky with their timing, or they knew we were back by us using our seapass card to access our cabin.

You should feel comfortable that in the event they need to contact you by phone, they could.

We do use email for the typical type of keeping in touch we do while on the ship since it's so much less expensive than phoning.

Have a great cruise! :)

Archived