Newbie questions on Noordam - obstructed view cabins and covered pool

atlgirl

I've never sailed on HAL but looking to book 5 cabins for alaska in May and considering the obstructed view because of price. On the Noordam, are the obstructed view cabins completely obstructed and how is the noise level from the floor below? Also, I understand the main pool has a roof that can be closed - does this make it like an inside pool or is it still open on the sides? Would be nice for the teens to have a pool to hang out at even in the cooler weather. Any other suggestions/considerations would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

I cannot answer your question about the cabin but the Lido pool with the roof that opens and closes is like an indoor pool. The sides are not open. When the roof is closed it is completely inclosed. The roof is clear so there is plenty of light that comes through. :)

I cannot answer your question about the cabin but the Lido pool with the roof that opens and closes is like an indoor pool. The sides are not open. When the roof is closed it is completely inclosed. The roof is clear so there is plenty of light that comes through. :)

The G "partial sea view" cabins get a peek of water between the lifeboats or tenders, but all GG, H, and HH look directly at the sides of the boats. If you're in a port that uses the ship's tenders you may get a sea view for a few hours, but many ports now use port-based tenders.

Archived