Spa Services-Likes and Dislikes?

TbirdTraveler

I will be on the CB in a few weeks and was about to make my spa reservations and realized that there are so many to choose from, especially the ones referring to massages and body treatments.

Any help from those that have used the spa services before and have found ones that they especially like and/or ones that were a waste of time and money would be appreciated. Many of them are expensive and I also would not like to waste valuable fun time on the ship.

I'm sure that this information could also be good for others planning the same thing.:)

I enjoyed my hot stone massage on the CB a couple weeks ago very much.

A word of advice - be very specific about exactly what you want. The hot stone massage comes in a 50 minute and a 75 minute version - I didn't specify, and got the 75 minute version (more expensive of course). That was OK with me - but some might have been upset.

Also, be prepared for the hard sell of various massage oils, etc. after you are done. Simply saying no firmly (well a couple of times) should do the trick.

They also offer a "spa tour" on the first day when you get on - where they explain the various treatments they offer. Doesn't take long and a good way to check the place out (also, not a "hard sell" approach :))

They offer specials on the port days since business for them is slower then - so if you wait, you might find lower prices.

Archived