Ok, explain the NEXTCruise option

flagger

So you do have to make up the add'l deposit when you transfer your Nextcruise deposit to a specific sailing? I like the way Princess does it better, where your $100 is all that is necessary to secure your cruise until final payment. I thought that was the way this was going to work.

We were on Legend 3/10-17. We made a NextCruie booking for 2 cabins-one for me and DD, one for DH and FIL. Total down on board $400. Went to my TA yesterday to book Explorer 9 night Carib. for next April. We did a few things:

Changed DD for DH. DH and I are in an E2, DD and FIL in PR across the hall. We are platinum, so we got the discount on the balcony.

Since it is a 9 night cruise, each cabin gets $200 OBC.

Balance of deposit due was $600 (250(dep)x4(pax)=$1000-$400already paid=$600)

We can get up to two more cabins for friends and family and THEY will also get the $200 OBC. This must be done within 30 days of our return (so by 4/17/07)

If we need to change the date (which is possible as I am not sure I will get that week off), I can keep my original booking ID to maintain my OBC, just like we were doing before NextCruise started.

I know that you have up to 3 years to use it as well.

Nextcruise does exist, I have one and just applied it to a fall 2008 cruise. I have an emailed Nextcruise receipt for $200 which was just applied as a deposit to a trip I just made and entitles me to an OBC which varies in amount based on the length of the cruise. To use Nextcruise you must book it on a cruise and that is perhaps why the folks you are calling don't know what you are referring to. The NextCruise gives you a reservation number and that is what you give the RCL customer service agent when you call to book. If you cancel the cruise you lose the OBC but not the $200 deposit unless your within the 60-70 day deposit limits prior to a cruise.

Hmmm it was announced back in early December. I wonder if anyone has tried to book on board since the announcement who has a report?

Someone on our cruise last week on the Mariner did the NextCruise thing. Don't know how much she had to put down, siad it was for 3 years or something like that. But as far as I know, it is operational!

Okay,

So this is starting to sound better than what I've been reading over at the Celebrity boards. There was so much speculation that Royal Caribbean was changing the way they gave OBC. Everyone was saying that it's now based on the cost of the cruise, but that doesn't seem like the way it is according to this thread.

So.....am I understanding this right........ Celebrity changed their OBC based on the cost of the cruise, but Royal Caribbean didn't change it at all......they still base the OBC according to the number of sail days......am I right?

I hope I'm right!!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Beachbuddy

The maximum OBC you can get from booking a cruise onboard regardless if you use the NextCruise option or just do a normal booking is $200 for a 12 night or longer cruise.

I thought the $200 was for 9 nights or longer.....is it really for 12?

Beachbuddy

You put down a non-refundable $100 PP deposit, no cruise needed as it is tagged NEXTCRUISE. A fax goes to your TA on this, so you can receive the $100 OBC on the next cruise booked within 3 years. They can booked you with a Group Cruise rate, as I always lost out on the onboard booking OBC since I am always a Group Cruise rate. So this is another nice perk of it.

Then as my TA explained to me, you book a 2 week TA cruise, you will be charged the $900 per couple deposit less the $200 already paid & your OBC is $250. So this is great, we keep our money til we book the cruise!

We cruise TA on Brilliance 4/16 so I will try it. BUt what we don't know is if it is the appointment needed to talk to rep in the LA area, or is it computers that take the deposit to our C&A # and that is all the wait we need.

So anyone who has done it, clue us in since i truly hate the wait time to book a cruise & just a NextCruise depsoit should be loads quicker....

That sounds pretty good......not really much of a change except for the good.....so it seems that the OBC isn't really changing.

I do have a question....if you transfer to your TA and go with a group rate, do you still get your platinum or diamond level discount on the cabin as well? Just wondering.

Patty

Beachbuddy - Yes you have to see the LA to book the Next Cruise. Honestly less than 10 minutes sitting at her desk and we were on the way. NOT charged to Sea Pass, but to my credit card.

BTW we are in Bayville, NJ

Okay,

So this is starting to sound better than what I've been reading over at the Celebrity boards. There was so much speculation that Royal Caribbean was changing the way they gave OBC. Everyone was saying that it's now based on the cost of the cruise, but that doesn't seem like the way it is according to this thread.

So.....am I understanding this right........ Celebrity changed their OBC based on the cost of the cruise, but Royal Caribbean didn't change it at all......they still base the OBC according to the number of sail days......am I right?

I hope I'm right!!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Beachbuddy

We have heard nothing that states RCI is going the same route as Celebrity. And you know that if it happens................this will be the place to find out!!

So stay tuned.

Hello Everyone .... just curious here .... we booked Next Cruise on the Jewel of the Seas in February of this year and my Booking confirmation states that I have up to 2019 to take my Next Cruise .... where as some of you are stating that you need to book within 3 years ? .... is this something that just got changed ?

Have a good Day

BrianB

Hello Everyone .... just curious here .... we booked Next Cruise on the Jewel of the Seas in February of this year and my Booking confirmation states that I have up to 2019 to take my Next Cruise .... where as some of you are stating that you need to book within 3 years ? .... is this something that just got changed ?

Have a good Day

BrianB

I noticed that also and asked when I booked. That date of 2019 is just the way it is being listed, a far off date not actually valid, according to the LA for my nextcruise booking. Actual date is 3 years to book. I received a cover letter letter and additional info at booking that explains the program.

I did have an issue when I went to make an actual booking though. My next cruise booking was made in Feb., and in March I found a C & A savings certificate for a cruise. I then used my nextcruise to really book the 3/08 cruise, and sent in the coupon. RCL denied the $150 credit stating that my nextcruise booking was made in Feb. but coupon was valid in March. I think the Nextcruise booking date should count as to when you make an actual booking. We'll see:confused:

I noticed that also and asked when I booked. That date of 2019 is just the way it is being listed, a far off date not actually valid, according to the LA for my nextcruise booking. Actual date is 3 years to book. I received a cover letter letter and additional info at booking that explains the program.

I did have an issue when I went to make an actual booking though. My next cruise booking was made in Feb., and in March I found a C & A savings certificate for a cruise. I then used my nextcruise to really book the 3/08 cruise, and sent in the coupon. RCL denied the $150 credit stating that my nextcruise booking was made in Feb. but coupon was valid in March. I think the Nextcruise booking date should count as to when you make an actual booking. We'll see:confused:

That just doesn't sound right...... You actually booked in March and I think they should honor it! If they are charging you the price that is listed in March instead of the price that was listed in February, then they should honor the coupon as well! I hope you find out that they were wrong......I'd pursue it if I were you.

patty

One other question. I cruise with my children most times but not all. If I put a nextcruise deposit down of $400 to cover 4 persons (2 cabins), do I have to take it all at the same time? If my wife and I book a cruise and use half of it can I use the other half on a separate cruise?

Archived