Crown Princess to Bermuda and Caribbean - What should i know?

WestchesterCruiseFan

We've sailed Grand Class ships before, Grand Princess is among our favorites but would like to know how Crown Princess varies. We also have some questions about the itinerary and Red Hook, Brooklyn, so bear with me:

1) For those who have used The Sanctuary - did you find it was worth the fee, and, how do you go about reserving it?

2) We've always booked mini-suites or better but, are cutting back to standard balcony cabins this time as we have a few cruises booked for the year. Tell me about the standard balcony cabins...i know no full bath, but, what else will we be missing? Also what is the best deck to get some sun on the balcony? We've usually been on Dolphin Deck and you know the sun exposure on those!

3) Tell me about the alternative restaurants on Crown Princess? Does anyone have menus? I know Sabatini's doesn't change but, it's nice to have a refresher

4) Grand Turk - what type of shore tours are being offered?

5) This will be our first cruise out of Red Hook, Brooklyn. Can someone tell me the parking prices and if there is enough parking available?

6) Anything you'd like to share about Crown Princess is always welcome

Thanks!

1) For those who have used The Sanctuary - did you find it was worth the fee, and, how do you go about reserving it?

We didn't use it but have seen posts saying it was very nice. I think that you just show up (aka first come, first served).

2) We've always booked mini-suites or better but, are cutting back to standard balcony cabins this time as we have a few cruises booked for the year. Tell me about the standard balcony cabins...i know no full bath, but, what else will we be missing? Also what is the best deck to get some sun on the balcony? We've usually been on Dolphin Deck and you know the sun exposure on those!

If you are getting a standard balcony cabin, get one on the Caribe deck. HUGE balcony only half covered so you would get some sun (if you are on the right side of the ship compared to the sun of course). We had a mini suite on the CB and a standard on the KP and didn't miss the mini suite at all. You don't get the couch area and only one tv but no big deal at all!

3) Tell me about the alternative restaurants on Crown Princess? Does anyone have menus? I know Sabatini's doesn't change but, it's nice to have a refresher

The Sabatini's menu is actually different for the Crown. The Crown Grill of course has the seafood items as well as the steaks.

See here for Sabatini's (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2563008070048107033cGwHce)

Didn't do any.

5) This will be our first cruise out of Red Hook, Brooklyn. Can someone tell me the parking prices and if there is enough parking available?

Didn't park but have heard no problem with spaces. There seemed to be lots on our cruise. Don't know the price.

You can reserve it at the Spa. There are free seats right outside the Santuary - if you don't mind being in the sun. We didn't feel it warranted the extra money just to sit on nicer chairs in the shade. The Swim AGainst the Current pool is right there to use as well and there are some free seats around it, but you have to get there early.

If you want to be pampered - by all means reserve half a day there. It was never very crowded.

We were on the Baja deck and were able to get plenty of sun on our balcony. We were on the starboard side.

Sorry, I have no menus. But Sabatinis had excellent calamari!

You should be able to see them in your cruise personalizer.

There is plenty of parking, it is about $19 a day.

Archived