AUGUST 1, 2004 "MERRY BUCCANEERS"

Hi Andy: May I offer a suggestion for meeting the first day??

Have your meeting the first night. After the dinners. around 10:30

At this time it dont interfere with anything else. People are now all onbaord-- kinda over the first WOW factor.. everyone has eaten- the shows are about over. You will get a bigger turnout at this time then you would for around the muster drill- people are still excited and some have to get ready for dinner.

Make your first meeting in a lounge that is not overly used.

We made our first meeting a wine tasting party- everyone had to bring a glass and a bottle of their favorite wine. We had a blast.

Hi Andy: May I offer a suggestion for meeting the first day??

Have your meeting the first night. After the dinners. around 10:30

At this time it dont interfere with anything else. People are now all onbaord-- kinda over the first WOW factor.. everyone has eaten- the shows are about over. You will get a bigger turnout at this time then you would for around the muster drill- people are still excited and some have to get ready for dinner.

Make your first meeting in a lounge that is not overly used.

We made our first meeting a wine tasting party- everyone had to bring a glass and a bottle of their favorite wine. We had a blast.

What a great idea. I like it because it gives you some time to relax a little from the crazy and hectic first day. Not to say that the wine is not a good idea...I got to go along with that too.

Andy: I read these boards about people scheduling meetings for 3:30 or after the muster and when they get back I read how sorry they were for not being able to meet up. Thats why the 10:00=10:30 is perfect. There really isnt an excuse. ALso- try to plan meetings sometimes midweek and again on the last sea day. Tea time which is usually 3:30 is a perfect time. Not crowded in there at all. Gives people other times if the first one is not a good time.

Archived