Charlie Soto Tours Puerto Limon

ERVAJV

We did the BOS 11 night PC cruise in March of 2006 and took Charlie's tour. We were met at the dock and rode in a small bus/van (sat probably 14 people comfortably) rather than a huge bus. Our driver and guide were wonderful. We heard lots of stories about the area, enjoyed the banana plantation and had lunch at Playa Bonita --- not a touristy place, but a place where locals might be. They did have some merchant tables set up -- but overall it wasn't too commercialized. The Tortuguero canal ride was quite interesting. I posted a review right after we got back -- and you can see a bit about Charlie. Enjoy your cruise! :) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332635

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

So many of the reviews have aged and I wanted to give everyone some recent experience. We just got back from a cruise where we used Okey Dokey tours and Charlie Soto. It was fantastic. There were just the 4 of us in an wonderfully airconditioned mini van. The driver, Albaro, was great and our guide, Jonathan was wonderful. We were taking the A4 tour to Cahuita, but, Jonathan just kind of took us where ever we wanted to go. The snorkeling was not great due to water turbidity, but the tour guide for the snorkel was really good. He would drive down, pick up a starfish or sea cucumber and the like, so we could see and touch, then return it right to the spot where he picked it up. Jonathan took us into town to buy some coffee and trinkets, since the cost at the dock is so high. We also stopped for a beer along the way, lots of attention to what we wanted to do. The biggest issue was that most of the rour operators came inside the secure area, whereas Okey Dokey meets you outside the dock area. That could have been confusing, but, everyone knew Charlie and knew where we should meet up with his team. Charlie even called me at the end of the tour to make sure we seen everything we wanted to see. It was great customer service and delightful hosts! I would use again and again.

Just got back from the Zuiderdam's Canal tour and booked Charlie for 12 of our CC members on the A-5. Another group of our members did the A-1 and loved it. I did the A-1 two years ago and that's why I used him again this time. He is simply the best guide I've booked privatley!!;)

So many of the reviews have aged and I wanted to give everyone some recent experience. We just got back from a cruise where we used Okey Dokey tours and Charlie Soto. It was fantastic. There were just the 4 of us in an wonderfully airconditioned mini van. The driver, Albaro, was great and our guide, Jonathan was wonderful. We were taking the A4 tour to Cahuita, but, Jonathan just kind of took us where ever we wanted to go. The snorkeling was not great due to water turbidity, but the tour guide for the snorkel was really good. He would drive down, pick up a starfish or sea cucumber and the like, so we could see and touch, then return it right to the spot where he picked it up. Jonathan took us into town to buy some coffee and trinkets, since the cost at the dock is so high. We also stopped for a beer along the way, lots of attention to what we wanted to do. The biggest issue was that most of the rour operators came inside the secure area, whereas Okey Dokey meets you outside the dock area. That could have been confusing, but, everyone knew Charlie and knew where we should meet up with his team. Charlie even called me at the end of the tour to make sure we seen everything we wanted to see. It was great customer service and delightful hosts! I would use again and again.

It was the A6 tour, sorry for the mistake.

• 2 months later...

We did the tour with Charlie and Okey Dokey tours. It was wonderful. Charlie was our guide and he was such a nice guy! He was great with our DD, who was 8 months at the time, too! We went to the boat ride first then headed to the beach for lunch. Afterwards we headed to the banana plantation and stopped at a local farm market where he bought us stuff to try. It was delicious. Before we headed back to the ship we stopped at a local grocery store to buy coffee. We had ordered shirts that were pink and apparently people were making fun of him, so he gave us all Okey Dokey polo's as well, lol. It was a great tour and we'd definitely use him again. :)

Archived