Westerdam - Are any bars open and serving before sailing other than Lido?

tootalltotango

A group of us are trying to set up our own meet-n-greet early since the evening is packed with activities. We've been talking on-line on another board and in a chat room for a looooong time, but this will be the first in-person encounter for many.

While I've sailed on both the Maasdam and the Veendam this is my first Westerdam outing. I'm sad to say I'm not much of a drinker, so I don't pay attention to these things.

Can anyone suggest another bar open to all on the ship that will be serving early?

We're sailing on Sunday, so if you can suggest a place it would be most appreciated. I'd like to post it "over there" so folks can learn the spot before leaving home.

Thanks!

We're sailing on Sunday, so if you can suggest a place it would be most appreciated. I'd like to post it "over there" so folks can learn the spot before leaving home.

Crow's Nest is usually nice.

But, if you are planning on a Sailaway get-together, people may prefer to be outside ... and in that case, the Lido Bar would work best.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Oh, my! I didn't think about that. And it's supposed to be 82 on Sunday. I'll put it to a vote with both of your described advantages.

All of my Sailaway get-togethers have taken place on the Lido deck, either fore or aft ... with the exception of my last cruise. There we met in the Crow's Nest. Of course, on that cruise we were sailing out of New York City in mid-October, so the Crow's Nest seemed to make more sense. But, otherwise ... Florida sailaways in nice weather, people always preferred to be out of doors ... smelling that ocean air. Just make sure if you decide on a Lido sailaway get-together, to clarify whether the group is to meet at the main or the aft pool area. Both ends have a bar.

Blue skies ...

--rita

sailaways in nice weather, people always preferred to be out of doors ...

Guess I'm not "people," then... :rolleyes:

I find the crowds on the aft Lido to be, um, overbearing while the Lido bar is usually hot (with the roof open) and humid (with no breeze getting past the glass walls). I'll stick to the Crow's Nest, thanks. :)

My first inclination was to meet in the Crow's Nest for the view, but both options are attractive. They're "voting" and, being January, outdoors is winning, hands down. I've been outvoted.

And thank you so much for adding the part about there being two Lido Bars! I hadn't thought of that at all. I'll have to go back to clarify. I sure do appreciate the input. :)

Archived