America's Cup Question

mrsbojamp

For those that have done this trip - I was wondering if my husband would be able to bring his camera. He is a real photography buff and has a rather expensive camera and several lenses. Is this the type of trip where we are likely to get soaked??

When we took this excursion they had people stow all of the cameras except for the waterproof ones below deck. I sure wouldn't take an expensive camera on this excursion. We didn't get soaked, but I sure wouldn't be surprised if sometimes people do.

What I DID wish we had done was to trade disposable waterproof cameras with someone on the boat we were racing so that they could take pictures of our boat, and we could take pictures of theirs. I have GREAT pictures of True North! (We were on Stars and Stripes!) I would be sure to put one of our address labels on the camera so that I could identify it.

Have a great time on this excursion!

Our group was soaked from a passing rain shower/downpour waiting for our group to get together before getting on the boats. On the boats it was dry.

If I were to bring an expensive camera I would bring a large ziplock to store it in, a bag with padding that can get wet, one lens, and ask for the main grinder position (I think that is the grinder position where only two people vs. four people work) or bartender this will give you a storage area to put your camera when working.

I kept my digital Casio EX-S500 in my pocket and took shots before and after...I was WAY to busy to take shots during the race. 1st gear GO!!! etc.

Oh and we did have a quick downpour during our race...

Have fun...It's a GREAT experience!

simply an outrageous excursion ... 3/4 of the way through the Canadian boat mooned us so we missed a turn ... I won't tell you what I did 7/8 through which caused all of the Canadians to lose their focus allowing "Stars & Stripes" to reign supreme ;)

leave the expensive camera on the ship

Archived