Navigator reviews???

NEAL52

We are on the navigator this summer 14 days...Med. I am wondering about the dress code in Europe. I have been on other Rccl ships in Europe, but not recently. I have done 4 with Celebrity. They have semi formal nights. Just wondering. Does anyone have some nformation to share with me about recent European cruises on RCCL?

Thanks,

karen

Please tell me more about the entertainment -- not the shows, but what about live music. Was there a rock band for dancing anywhere? What about the piano bar player in the Schooner lounge?

We have 42 days to go (but who is counting).

There was a rock band on one of the nights up in the Cosmopoliton lounge on deck 14. They played 80's stuff and were pretty good except they had some obvious sound problems with equipment. They were also just a bit too loud for that room, we think they would have been better in a larger room/lounge.

Wandered past the Schooner lounge quite a bit, piano player was playing there a couple of times.

Our evenings consisted of a bit of a routine. We were on early dining with our bottle of wine, we would then take a coffee from the promenade cafe to the show in the theatre. Then if nothing was on later we would go up to the cosmopoliton lounge on deck 14. We liked it there as it was chilled out, overlooking the ship and the ocean, plus the bar tender made great key lime pie martinis and choclotinis!

We are on the navigator this summer 14 days...Med. I am wondering about the dress code in Europe. I have been on other Rccl ships in Europe, but not recently. I have done 4 with Celebrity. They have semi formal nights. Just wondering. Does anyone have some nformation to share with me about recent European cruises on RCCL?

Thanks,

karen

Hi karen....I am American.. from Florida...but live in the Uk the past 25 years. We have made two 14 day Med cruises on Legend of the Seas... out of southampton. In August 2005 and August 2006. Navigator will be taking Legends' place this summer. On both cruises..we had 3 "formal nights"..and everyone took them very seriously..and looked absolutely wonderful. From tuxedos..Kilts.. and very formal long evening dresses...to dark suits and the little black cocktail dress...with lots in between. Every style was represented.

The ship was full..and passengers covered all walks of life..but everyone looked the part...and made a real effort.` And that applied to all occasions. Legend carried 95% British passengers. However, I expect the arrival of Navigator... will entice quite a large number of Americans this year. Southampton is a fantastic port to sail from. A Very nice terminal building...with a wonderfully Friendly and efficient group of RC staff... extremely helpful porters...and very organized embarkation and debarkation procedure. We boarded in minutes..and much earlier than the posted time on both sailings.... the same applied to leaving the ship.

As well as the "formal nights"..we had several "smart casual nights".. Which meant that men still wore a jacket. Although "the smart casual nights" were reduced in number this year...and more "Just Casual" nights added. We never saw anyone abuse this policy... by wearing shorts..or anything extemely casual...or in appropriate.

Mainly this was changed due to the very port intensive itinerary we were on...and arriving back to the ship close to dinner time. However, ladies still wore nice sundresses..or skirts..some in smart crop pants..and the men smart shirts and casual trousers..just without a jacket. We had a wonderful time.. Hope you have a great cruise on Navigator. Carol

Many thanks for the wonderful photos/video of Navigator. She will be sailing from the Uk this summer..and I really enjoyed having a sneak preview of the ship...and a look at your fantastic cruise. What a lovely family..it is clear that you had a great time. A Special thanks as well... for the beautiful shots of Miami....My old home. I Can't believe I have been away for 25 years.. I don't get back much... and your pictures really brought back fond memories. A beautiful sunrise..and lovely scenery. quite a contrast to a cold..wet..grey..winters' day in England. All the Best...Carol

Please tell me more about the entertainment -- not the shows, but what about live music. Was there a rock band for dancing anywhere? What about the piano bar player in the Schooner lounge?

We have 42 days to go (but who is counting).

We were on Nav 12/16-23 and enjoyed the salsa band in Bolero's (deck 4 aft) and Jeffrey the bartender there is AMAZING. Great personality and does magic tricks. We also enjoyed hearing the guitar player in the pub on the Promenade while we enjoyed a leisurely drink. We didnt care for the rock band with the female singer as we didnt care for her voice/range and also noticed the sound/equipment problems so we left and went elsewhere.

navigator question, do the bathrooms have makeup mirrors?

Hi pach...

No makeup mirrors in bathroom or vanity area of your stateroom.:(

My wife uses the vanity area and she said it works fine for her. There is alot of light around the vanity if you turn all the lights on in that area.:cool:

You will love Navigator. Navigator was our best cruise to date.;)

Have a great time and enjoy your cruise.

Bob:)

Archived